Selecting a auto insurance company in Brownsville, TX can be time consuming since there are a lot of options and choosing the right Brownsville car insurance agent takes more work than just calling the closest agent. Consumers require an excellent agent, but also need decent rates too.
With consumers having so many companies to choose from, it can be hard to pick the best insurer.
How to find Brownsville insurance agents online
Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you peace of mind. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to companies in Brownsville who will compete for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. How cool is that?!
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Car insurance agents in Brownsville come in two varieties
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Brownsville can either be captive or independent (non-captive). While both can write coverage properly, but it’s worth learning the differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
This type of agents have only one company to place business with like Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captives are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often purchase coverage from captives mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of captive agencies in Brownsville who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 1805 Ruben Torres Blvd # B2 – Brownsville, TX 78526 – (956) 986-2886
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1514 E Los Ebanos Blvd – Brownsville, TX 78520 – (956) 541-7033
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you contact at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Below are Brownsville independent insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Insurance Central Agency – 5095 E 14th St – Brownsville, TX 78521 – (956) 831-4806
- Barreda Insurance – 615 E Price Rd # B – Brownsville, TX 78521 – (956) 831-7895
- American National Insurance Co – 2027 E Price Rd # A – Brownsville, TX 78521 – (956) 542-4661
- Spencer Gaille Agency – 1140 Paredes Line Rd – Brownsville, TX 78521 – (956) 541-4848
- Nafta General Agency Inc – 2929 International Blvd – Brownsville, TX 78521 – (956) 546-8141
For a complete listing of Brownsville insurance agents, visit this site.
Once you have received positive feedback to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Texas?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent.
Also keep in mind buying direct
Car insurance agents are important, but you also have the option of buying Texas car insurance from companies direct over the internet. Some specific companies that are more known for using agents, additionally provide the ability to get quotes and purchase online, so keep that in mind if finding the best price is important.
If you’re anxious about not having professional advice, that should not be a issue. Online insurance companies that allow you to purchase coverage give you access to trained agents for getting questions answered. Many online companies also provide the ability to chat online live with a sales rep and online research you can access prior to buying.
Can you save money buying online? The answer is complex because there are so many things that are calculated into your premium. Many people think that buying direct saves money because there is no commission. But truthfully, promoting brand recognition is pricey so rates may not be all that different from traditional agents.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be purchased on the web and with local Brownsville insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Texas insurance information
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read industry bulletins, and download brochures.