To locate a licensed insurance agent in Colorado Springs, you can begin your search by comparing rates online to save yourself time. We’re assuming you want a competent insurance agent, but you also want affordable coverage.
With State Farm, Allstate and many independent agents all competing for business in Colorado Springs, it’s hard to tell which will have the best rates, service and coverage. To begin, consumers can get online quoting to get a list of insurance agents to choose from.
Colorado Springs agents for car insurance
Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you peace of mind. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agencies is important especially in Colorado Springs.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will battle for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. Now that’s easy! You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent.
Pick the best insurance agent in Colorado Springs for you
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Agencies in Colorado Springs are either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quote information.
- Renee Leavitt Agency – 2110 Vickers Dr # 101 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 594-4648
- Pickering Insurance – 3815 Maizeland Rd – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 597-4288
- American Republic Insurance – 13930 Nichlas Ct – Colorado Springs, CO 80921 – (719) 328-0804
- Dave Karstens Agency Inc – 3225 Templeton Gap Rd # 104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 636-3336
- Hansen Agency – 6170 Lehman Dr # 108 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 599-5757
This type of agents work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes choose to use a captive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quote information.
- Shelter Insurance – 1257 Lake Plaza Dr # 203 – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 884-2106
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 730 Village Center Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80919 – (719) 531-9777
- Allstate Insurance – 1827 Briargate Blvd – Colorado Springs, CO 80920 – (719) 388-0114
- American Family Insurance – 1045 Garden Of The Gods Rd # M – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 528-6387
- State Farm Insurance – 207 W Rockrimmon Blvd # E – Colorado Springs, CO 80919 – (719) 268-9003
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1255 Lake Plaza Dr # 260 – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 392-4111
For a full directory of car insurance agents in Colorado Springs, please go to this site.
Deciding on an insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Upon getting good answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Do online companies like Esurance, GEICO and Progressive give better rates?
Professional insurance agents are a valuable resource, but you can also find affordable Colorado auto insurance from companies direct over the internet. Even companies who have local agents in Colorado Springs also give you the ability to get a quote and buy online, so keep that in mind as an alternative to contacting agents.
If you’re uncomfortable with whether or not you’ll have guidance when buying direct, that should not be a issue. Online car insurance companies provide options to help you decide which coverages are appropriate.
Is it cheaper to buy online? The answer is complex since there are so many factors that impact your premium. It’s often assumed that shopping online for auto insurance prevents the agent from taking a cut. For the majority of companies, however, online and traditional media advertising are expensive and that can cost more than having to pay agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cheap car insurance can be purchased on the web and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Colorado insurance information
Additional information is located on the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website found here. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, find a variety of consumer forms, report car insurance fraud, and read industry bulletins.