Comparing car insurance companies in Palmdale, CA can be challenging because choosing the right Palmdale insurance agent takes more work than just calling the closest agent. You require a professional agent, and also want to find the cheapest rates you can possibly find.
There is such a variety of insurance agencies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the lowest rates.
When might I need help?
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Palmdale?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent.
Why do I need an agent?
Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. You never need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. It doesn’t get any easier! You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent.
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Pick the best insurance agency in Palmdale for you
When researching a local agent, there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Palmdale agents are classified as either captive or independent.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies can only place business with one company like American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from captive agents mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of captive agencies in Palmdale who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 1817 E Avenue Q # A3 – Palmdale, CA 93550 – (661) 947-0212
- State Farm Insurance – 917 E Avenue Q9 – Palmdale, CA 93550 – (661) 265-9686
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1008 W Avenue M4 # G – Palmdale, CA 93551 – (661) 948-7805
These agents are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Palmdale willing to provide price quote information.
- Borgardt and Cullen Insurance – 2271 E Palmdale Blvd # C – Palmdale, CA 93550 – (661) 947-9266
- Don Ryan Agency – 1317 E Palmdale Blvd # 16 – Palmdale, CA 93550 – (661) 272-9926
- Express Way Insurance Svc – 38422 6th St E – Palmdale, CA 93550 – (661) 947-3977
- One Stop Agency – 332 E Palmdale Blvd – Palmdale, CA 93550 – (661) 274-1898
For a complete listing of car insurance agents in Palmdale, click here to link.
Once you have received satisfactory answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can properly service your car insurance policy.
You have the option to buy direct online
Local insurance agents can be invaluable at times, but California consumers also have the option to buy directly from online companies. Certain auto insurance companies like Allstate and State Farm who have local agents in Palmdale also allow consumers to get a quote and buy online, so this should also be taken into consideration.
If you’re anxious about whether or not you’ll have guidance when buying direct, this is normal but is quickly overcome. Online car insurance companies that allow you to purchase coverage provide toll-free numbers for getting the best coverage. They also have live chat and online tools to help with the buying process.
Does car insurance cost less online? The answer to that question is complicated because of the number of factors that impact your final bill. It’s a common assumption that buying direct cuts out the middleman. For the majority of companies, however, marketing their products costs a lot of money and those expenses can offset most of the savings by selling direct.
Online resources for education
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the California Department of Insurance website. California consumers can report car insurance fraud, find out industry alerts, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Cheaper car insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood Palmdale agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.