If you’re trying to find an insurance agent in Overland Park, KS, you can always start your search by getting online comparison quotes instead of making phone calls. Consumers require a professional agent, and also want to find decent rates too.
Numerous car insurance agents battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance agents and get the definite best price available.
You may need specialized coverage
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent.
Quote online but still have a local agent
Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you peace of mind. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will compete for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. How cool is that?!
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How are they compensated?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Two different types of insurance agencies
When researching an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Overland Park can either be captive or independent (non-captive). Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it can impact your agent selection.
Captive agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from captives mainly due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Overland Park willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 8001 Conser St # 210 – Overland Park, KS 66204 – (913) 322-0191
- Allstate Insurance – 7520 Shawnee Mission Pkwy # 9 – Overland Park, KS 66202 – (913) 722-3622
- American Family Insurance – 12501 Antioch Rd # A – Overland Park, KS 66213 – (913) 685-9600
- Shelter Insurance – 9036 W 95th St # 2 – Overland Park, KS 66212 – (913) 438-4057
- State Farm Insurance – 9407 W 87th St – Overland Park, KS 66212 – (913) 648-0585
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Overland Park who can help you get comparison quotes.
- American Agency – 10801 Mastin St – Overland Park, KS 66210 – (913) 323-7800
- AAA Insurance – 10600 Metcalf Ave – Overland Park, KS 66212 – (913) 649-2280
- Jay P Stoetzer Insurance – 5750 W 95th St – Overland Park, KS 66207 – (913) 221-7764
- Rob Levitch Agency – 6804 W 107th St # 225 – Overland Park, KS 66212 – (913) 642-1160
- WKF and C Agency Inc – 13220 Metcalf Ave # 370 – Overland Park, KS 66213 – (913) 402-1777
To view a full list of insurance agents in Overland Park, visit this site.
Once you have positive responses for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy.
Aren’t online insurance companies like GEICO cheaper?
Auto insurance agents are perfect for certain consumers, but Kansas drivers can also buy direct from companies that only sell online. Some companies, such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm, who have local agents in Overland Park also allow you to buy direct on their websites, and consumers should do that if you prefer to buy online.
If you’re uneasy about not getting advice from an agent, that is normal but is not a big issue. Insurance companies that require consumers to choose their own coverages have customer service departments for getting advice on proper coverages.
Do people save by buying online? The answer to that question is complicated because of the number of factors that are calculated into your premium. Many people think that shopping direct saves money because there is no agent involvement. For most companies selling online, however, there are very high advertising costs so the rates may be similar to buying from an agent.
Consumer car insurance information in Kansas
Even more information can be found at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Kansas consumers can read industry bulletins, learn about specific coverages, download brochures, and get help finding coverage.
Smart shoppers get results
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper car insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Overland Park agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.