When finding an insurance agent in Hot Springs, Arkansas, you can always do an initial search using online quotes to save yourself time. For this article’s sake, it’s assumed you require not only a good professional insurance agent, but also the best rates possible.
With companies like Farmers, Allstate, and independent agents all competing for your business, consumers have a hard time knowing which will provide the lowest rates and best service. To begin, you can use online price quotes to get a list of agents to choose from.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Professional agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Hot Springs.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Hot Springs who will compete for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. How cool is that?!
Two types of car insurance agents
When finding local Hot Springs agents, there are a couple of different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Hot Springs are either independent or captive. While both can write coverage properly, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it may influence buying decisions.
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Hot Springs who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Brown Agency – 2802 Albert Pike Rd – Hot Springs, AR 71913 – (501) 767-6864
- Direct General Ins Agency – 1500 Central Ave – Hot Springs, AR 71901 – (501) 318-1616
- Independent Insurance Brkrg – 918 Airport Rd # B – Hot Springs, AR 71913 – (501) 760-0200
- Wethington Agency – 211 Exchange St – Hot Springs, AR 71901 – (501) 624-5593
- Larry Dale Insurance – 813 Airport Rd – Hot Springs, AR 71913 – (501) 624-4105
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies work for only one company such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Captive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use a captive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of captive insurance agents in Hot Springs that can give you price quote information.
- Farm Bureau Insurance Svc – 1923 Albert Pike Rd – Hot Springs, AR 71913 – (501) 624-5277
- Allstate Insurance Co – 109 Airport Rd # A – Hot Springs, AR 71913 – (501) 624-1153
- State Farm Insurance – 1403 Central Ave – Hot Springs, AR 71901 – (501) 623-8878
- Farmers Insurance Group – 201 Franklin St – Hot Springs, AR 71913 – (501) 318-1600
- Shelter Insurance – 3911 Central Ave – Hot Springs, AR 71913 – (501) 525-6789
To view a full list of captive insurance agencies in Hot Springs, please go to this site.
Deciding on an insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Upon getting positive responses to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
What if I want to buy from an online company?
Professional insurance agents are indespensible for some people, but you can also buy Arkansas car insurance from online companies direct. Certain companies who have local agents in Hot Springs also give you the option to buy a policy online, and that can save time to possibly find a better rate.
If you’re uncomfortable with whether or not you’ll have guidance, that is normal but is not a big issue. Insurance companies that require consumers to choose their own coverages all provide contact methods for getting advice on proper coverages. Also available are the ability to chat online live with a sales rep and online research that you can use if you have questions.
Are online premiums lower? Many people swear by it, but it’s difficult to answer since there are so many factors which can raise or lower premium rates. Many people think that buying online prevents the agent from taking a cut. But that assumption is generally incorrect because online and traditional media advertising are expensive and that can quickly cost more than paying an agent.
Additional Arkansas car insurance resources
Much more information about auto insurance in Arkansas is located on the Arkansas Insurance Department website found here. Arkansas drivers can learn about insurance regulations, view agent and company licensing information, and download brochures.
Buy online or local, you save
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be pretty painless.
Cost effective auto insurance can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Hot Springs agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.