When finding a good Arlington agent, we recommend you do the preliminary legwork online to save yourself time. We’re assuming that not only do you want a competent insurance agent, but also the best rates possible.
With companies like Allstate, Farmers and State Farm as well as independent agents having local Arlington offices, it’s hard to tell which will provide you with the cheapest rates and the best coverage. Fortunately, you can use insurance quotes online in order to build a list of insurance agencies to choose from.
How to compare Arlington car insurance rates
Insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Arlington.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Arlington who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered to your email. How’s that for easy!
Arlington auto insurance agents are either independent or captive
When finding a local agent, there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Arlington are classified as either captive or independent (non-captive). While both can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, you should always contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Arlington who can help you get price quote information.
- Ken Allen Insurance – – Arlington, TX 76014 – (817) 417-5549
- Hartford Insurance – 4219 Pleasant Oaks Ct – Arlington, TX 76016 – (817) 516-0683
- Associated General Agency – 2405 Garden Park Ct – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 459-1102
- Ken Gourley Agency – 1400 W Mayfield Rd # 320 – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 468-2805
- PCT Agency – 179 S Watson Rd # 406 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 695-0086
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm and AAA. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Captives are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from captives mainly due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Below are captive agents in Arlington that are able to give price quotes.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 5850 Interstate 20 W # B130 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 572-2088
- Southern Farm Bureau Insurance – 2404 Garden Park Ct – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 303-8660
- State Farm Insurance – 1351 E Bardin Rd # 100 – Arlington, TX 76018 – (817) 685-3600
- Allstate Insurance – 6031 Interstate 20 W # 229 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 572-3841
- Farmers Insurance Group – 2135 Reverchon Dr – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 816-4116
For a complete listing of car insurance agents in Arlington, please click here.
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How are claims handled?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent.
You have the option to buy direct online
Insurance agencies are a valuable resource, but Texas car insurance can also be bought from companies direct over the internet. A few companies who sell through agents in Arlington also give you the option to buy a policy online, and that is helpful as an alternative to contacting agents.
If you’re uncomfortable with not getting advice from an agent when buying car insurance direct, that is normal but is not a big issue. Insurance companies provide options for getting advice on proper coverages. They also have extensive coverage information and 24/7 assistance so you can feel comfortable buying online.
Are online companies cheaper? The answer to that question is complicated because of the fact that insurance companies use many factors that influence how your policy is priced. It’s a common assumption that buying car insurance online reduces premiums because there is no agent. For most companies selling online, however, advertising budgets are huge and this tends to eat up any savings.
Smart shoppers get results
Cheaper car insurance is available online as well as from independent agents in Arlington, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
More information is located on the Texas Department of Insurance website located here. Texas drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, view agent and company licensing information, and learn about insurance regulations.