To find a good insurance agent in Visalia, CA, you can do an initial search by comparing rates online rather than looking in the yellowpages. You need a competent insurance agent, but also the best possible rates.
Consumers have many insurance agencies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to adequately compare rates.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent.
Local Visalia agents and auto insurance
Educated insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. How cool is that?!
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
The following are agents in Visalia that may be willing to give price quote information.
- Valley Crop Insurance – 236 W Caldwell Ave, Visalia, CA 93277 – (559) 733-2340
- State Farm Insurance – 5127 W Walnut Ave, Visalia, CA 93277 – (559) 625-2318
- Allstate Insurance – 1314 W Walnut Ave, Visalia, CA 93277 – (559) 625-4141
- Mitchell Buckman Inc Insurance – 309 W Main St, Visalia, CA 93291 – (559) 636-0418
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1600 W Mineral King Ave, Visalia, CA 93291 – (559) 732-3981
- Putnam Agency – 2912 W Main St # B, Visalia, CA 93291 – (559) 733-2513
To view a full list of insurance agents in Visalia, please view this page.
Once you have reasonable responses to your questions and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Online companies should be in the mix
Insurance agents are important, but California consumers also have the option to buy from companies direct over the internet. Certain companies like Allstate and State Farm who have local Visalia agents also allow you to get a quote and buy online, and that can save time as an alternative to contacting agents.
If you’re uneasy about not having someone to ask questions when shopping online, this is a normal reaction for first-time shoppers. All companies give you access to trained agents to help you decide which coverages are appropriate. They also have extensive coverage information and 24/7 assistance that you can use if you have questions.
Are online premiums lower? It’s difficult to provide an answer because there are so many things that determine the price you pay. It’s a common assumption that a customer who purchases direcly from an online company prevents the agent from taking a cut. In many cases, it’s expensive to advertise so rates may not be all that different from traditional agents.
Read more about California auto insurance
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the California Department of Insurance website. California drivers can report car insurance fraud, learn about insurance regulations, view agent and company licensing information, and view a list of available companies.
Quote more, save more
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective auto insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Visalia, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.