To locate a licensed insurance agent in Clarksville, you can always start your research by comparing prices online instead of making phone calls. You require an excellent agent, and also want to find competitive car insurance rates.
Because you have many insurance providers from which to choose, it’s difficult to pick the best car insurance company.
Working with a local agent
Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will compete to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. How cool is that?! It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent.
Choosing an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Clarksville?
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Agents are categorized either captive or independent.
This type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captives are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Below are Clarksville captive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – 579 S Riverside Dr – Clarksville, TN 37040 – (931) 552-3465
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 2197 Madison St # 101 – Clarksville, TN 37043 – (931) 645-2124
- Allstate Insurance – 2053 Wilma Rudolph Blvd – Clarksville, TN 37040 – (931) 645-2727
- State Farm Insurance – 211 W Dunbar Cave Rd # A – Clarksville, TN 37040 – (931) 553-6700
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Clarksville independent insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Independent Agency – 1713 Fort Campbell Blvd – Clarksville, TN 37042 – (931) 920-5700
- Direct General Ins Agency – 1498 Madison St – Clarksville, TN 37040 – (931) 552-4494
- Direct General Ins Agency – 2463 Fort Campbell Blvd – Clarksville, TN 37042 – (931) 552-4494
- ABC Senior Plus Insurance – 139 Dean Dr – Clarksville, TN 37040 – (931) 553-4266
- Eastern Insurance Inc – 645 N Riverside Dr – Clarksville, TN 37040 – (931) 552-4066
To view a full list of insurance agents in Clarksville, simply jump to this page.
After receiving positive feedback to these questions and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Tennessee?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent.
Do online companies have better prices?
Car insurance agents are important, but you can also buy Tennessee car insurance direct from companies that only sell online. A few companies who employ agents also allow you to buy a policy online, so this should also be taken into consideration if the lowest rate is your goal.
If you’re uneasy about having to choose coverages yourself when buying online, that shouldn’t be an issue. Car insurance companies provide phone numbers and online resources you can use to get advice on coverages.
Are online premiums lower? That is a tough question to answer since there are so many factors that determine your policy premium. Many people think that shopping direct saves money because there is no commission. But truthfully, promoting brand recognition is pricey and that impacts the rates consumers pay.
Better coverage you can count on
Affordable car insurance is available on the web in addition to many Clarksville insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website. Visitors are able to find disaster information, download brochures, and read consumer alerts.
Other useful links include this online resource for car insurance quotes in Tennessee and this link which helps you find a Clarksville agent.