To find a good Madison agent, it’s recommended you start your research by getting online comparison quotes in order to save time. Consumers require a professional licensed agent, but also need decent rates too.
Lots of insurance agents contend to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance agent to find the absolute best rate
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Wisconsin?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What are Wisconsin no-fault laws?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent.
Comparing prices from Madison agents
Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and give you peace of mind. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Madison who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. How’s that for easy!
Picking a car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Shown below is a list of car insurance agents in Madison that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 658 S Gammon Rd # 204, Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 274-4147
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 258 Corporate Dr # 211, Madison, WI 53714 – (608) 242-5665
- Insurance Associates – 210 E Main St, Madison, WI 53703 – (608) 252-8585
- AAA Insurance – 1853 Northport Dr, Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 246-5186
- Farmers Insurance Group – 6314 Odana Rd # 1, Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 274-3366
- Fish-Ellis Agency – 4116 Milwaukee St, Madison, WI 53714 – (608) 244-8855
- State Farm Insurance – 3821 Nakoma Rd, Madison, WI 53711 – (608) 238-7107
For a full directory of insurance agents in Madison, please click here.
Upon getting positive feedback to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Online car insurance providers
Insurance agencies are a valuable resource, but Wisconsin drivers can also buy directly from online companies. Some car insurance companies who sell through the agent channel also allow consumers to buy a policy online. This is something to consider if you want to do it yourself.
If you’re apprehensive about choosing your own coverages when shopping online, that is normal but is not a big issue. Auto insurance companies provide access to licensed agents to answer your questions.
Does buying online save money? That is a tough question to answer because there are so many things that determine your policy premium. It would make sense to think that going direct lowers rates due to not having any agent compensation. For the majority of companies, however, promoting brand recognition is pricey so the rates may be similar to buying from an agent.
For more Wisconsin auto insurance information
More detailed Wisconsin auto insurance information can be read at the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance website. Wisconsin consumers can find out industry alerts, learn about insurance regulations, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
Cheap auto insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Madison agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.