To find a good Olathe agent, you can always do the preliminary legwork online to save yourself time. You require a highly trained agent, and also want to find competitive car insurance rates.
Many insurance agencies vie for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance agents to find the lowest cost out there.
Quote online but work with a neighborhood agent
Agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Olathe who will battle for your business. There is no reason to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. How cool is that?! You can find better rates AND an agent nearby.
Picking an insurance agency requires more thought than just the price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How long has their agency been in business in Olathe?
Compare rates from both independent and captive insurance agencies
When looking for a good Olathe insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Olathe are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are captive insurance agencies in Olathe willing to provide price quote information.
- Kansas Farm Bureau – 2155 E Northview Rd – Olathe, KS 66062 – (913) 390-7701
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1254 N Prince Edward Is – Olathe, KS 66061 – (913) 768-0269
- Allstate Insurance – 1481 E 151st St – Olathe, KS 66062 – (913) 768-7044
- American Family Insurance – 316 E Santa Fe St – Olathe, KS 66061 – (913) 393-3110
- Shelter Insurance – 803 S Clairborne Rd – Olathe, KS 66062 – (913) 782-1803
- State Farm Insurance – 525 N Mur Len Rd – Olathe, KS 66062 – (913) 764-1870
Independent agents are not locked into one company but rather can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, you should always include at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent agents in Olathe that are able to give price quote information.
- Guide One Insurance – 601 N Mur Len Rd – Olathe, KS 66062 – (913) 764-3440
- Waltrip Agency – 600 E Santa Fe St – Olathe, KS 66061 – (913) 782-0101
- Glenn Rowley Insurance – 135 N Parker St – Olathe, KS 66061 – (913) 782-1516
- Jeff Harville Agency Inc – 12013 S Strang Line Rd – Olathe, KS 66062 – (913) 829-7007
- Bob Newton Agency – 601 N Mur Len Rd # 21a – Olathe, KS 66062 – (913) 782-1818
For a complete listing of licensed insurance agents in Olathe, click here to link.
Once you have positive feedback to these questions and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that will provide car insurance coverage.
Different people need different coverages
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Kansas?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Kansas?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent.
Also keep in mind buying direct
Insurance agencies are a valuable resource, but you also have the option of buying direct from companies online. Some companies who employ agents also let you get quotes and purchase online, and that can save time if you prefer to buy online.
If you’re worried about not having professional advice when shopping online, that should not be a issue. Online car insurance companies provide phone numbers and online resources you can use to get advice on coverages. They also offer a frequently asked questions page to help you make a buying decision.
Is car insurance cheaper online? That question is hard to answer since companies use quite a few components that determine the price you pay. Many people think that shopping online for auto insurance saves money because there is no commission. But that assumption is generally incorrect because there are very high advertising costs and that impacts the rates consumers pay.
One last thing
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
The cheapest car insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Olathe agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More sites with car insurance information
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Consumers can read industry bulletins, view a list of available companies, learn about insurance regulations, and discover disciplinary actions.