Comparing auto insurance companies in Leawood, KS can be challenging because you have many choices and choosing the right Leawood car insurance agent takes more work than just picking up the phone. Consumers require a good agent that listens to you, and also want to find decent rates too.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings with advertising and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and find the best price available.
Compare Leawood agent rates online
Agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Leawood who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier! Get lower rates and work with a local agent.
Selecting an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Two types of Leawood insurance agents
When researching a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Leawood agents are categorized either independent or captive.
Captive agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from captive agents mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following are captive insurance agents in Leawood willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 12108 State Line Rd – Leawood, KS 66209 – (913) 339-6600
- Farmers Insurance Group – 4707 College Blvd # 208 – Leawood, KS 66211 – (913) 647-0090
- American Family Insurance – 11201 Nall Ave # 140 – Leawood, KS 66211 – (913) 451-1717
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you should always include multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.Many can place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent agencies in Leawood that can give you rate quotes.
- Cline Wood Agency Inc – 11250 Tomahawk Creek Pkwy – Leawood, KS 66211 – (913) 451-3900
- Trustmark Insurance Co – 7007 College Blvd # 400 – Leawood, KS 66211 – (913) 906-9500
- Joe Thelen Agency Inc – 7007 College Blvd – Leawood, KS 66211 – (913) 469-6381
- Disability Insurance Svc – 4707 College Blvd # 214 – Leawood, KS 66211 – (913) 469-1182
- Dean Ordiway Agency Inc – 7007 College Blvd – Leawood, KS 66211 – (913) 663-2121
To view a complete directory of Leawood insurance agents, visit this site.
Upon receiving positive responses to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Online companies should be compared
Licensed agents are important, but Kansas drivers can also buy direct from companies online. Certain auto insurance companies that sell primarily through agents additionally provide the ability to buy direct on their websites, so that should be considered if you are the do-it-yourself type.
If you’re apprehensive about not having an insurance agent’s advice, don’t be too concerned. Online car insurance companies all have toll-free customer service to walk you through the process. They also have a frequently asked questions page so you can feel comfortable buying online.
Is auto insurance cheaper online? Many people swear by it, but it’s difficult to answer since there are many things which can raise or lower premium rates. Common sense would say that going direct saves money by not requiring a commission. For most online online companies, however, there are very high advertising costs so there may not be significant savings.
More quotes mean more savings
Affordable auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Leawood insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
More detailed Kansas auto insurance information is available at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Kansas consumers can report car insurance fraud, read industry bulletins, view a list of available companies, and find out which companies have the most complaints.