When pricing car insurance in Twin Falls, ID, finding the best Idaho insurance agency is harder than just calling the closest agent. You require an excellent agent, and also cheap rates.
Numerous insurance agencies battle for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every car insurance agent to find the absolute lowest rate
Buying car insurance locally
Insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Twin Falls who will compete for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. How cool is that?!
Selecting an insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How are they compensated?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Best insurance agency in Twin Falls
When looking for local Twin Falls agents, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Twin Falls are categorized either captive or independent. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often purchase coverage from captives mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of captive agents in Twin Falls who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 1411 Falls Ave E – Twin Falls, ID 83301 – (208) 733-1329
- American Family Insurance – 1111 Blue Lakes Blvd N # D – Twin Falls, ID 83301 – (208) 420-4363
- State Farm Insurance – 1821 Addison Ave E – Twin Falls, ID 83301 – (208) 734-6666
- Farmers Insurance Group – 421 Washington St N – Twin Falls, ID 83301 – (208) 733-0998
- Allstate Insurance – 1025 Shoshone St N – Twin Falls, ID 83301 – (208) 734-3157
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Twin Falls willing to provide comparison quotes.
- S Gene Day Insurance – 3232 Woodridge Dr – Twin Falls, ID 83301 – (208) 733-1192
- Buhler Agency – 404 2nd Ave E – Twin Falls, ID 83301 – (208) 733-5923
- Dusty W Tenney Agency – 201 2nd St E – Twin Falls, ID 83301 – (208) 734-1270
- Mc Donald Insurance – 2536 Kimberly Rd – Twin Falls, ID 83301 – (208) 732-0331
- Gillette-Schafer Agency – 1239 Filer Ave E – Twin Falls, ID 83301 – (208) 733-8759
To view a complete directory of Twin Falls insurance agents, please view this page.
Upon receiving acceptable answers to all your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy.
But what about Geico and Esurance?
Insurance agencies are important, but Idaho drivers can also buy direct over the internet. Some car insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate who have local Twin Falls agents also permit you to buy a policy online, and consumers should do that if you’re trying to lower your rates.
If you’re uncomfortable with selecting your own policy coverages when buying direct, don’t let it bother you. All companies that require consumers to choose their own coverages all provide contact methods to answer your questions.
Is it cheaper to buy car insurance online? That is a tough question to answer because there are many factors that impact your rate calculation. Some people think that buying car insurance online cuts out the middleman. For the majority of companies, however, there are high advertising and marketing costs so the lack of a commission may be a wash.
To learn more about car insurance in Idaho
Additional detailed information is available at the Idaho Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to download brochures, find out industry alerts, read industry bulletins, and view agent and company licensing information.
More related Twin Falls car insurance information:
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Low-cost car insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Twin Falls agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.