Comparing car insurance companies in Santa Monica, California can be challenging because there are a lot of options and selecting the best Santa Monica insurance agent for your needs is more difficult than just calling the closest agent. Chances are you’re looking for an excellent agent, but you also want the best rates possible.
With insurance companies like Allstate, Farmers and State Farm as well as independent agents all competing for your business, it’s difficult to determine which provider will provide you with the best rates, service and coverage. Fortunately, it’s easy to use insurance quotes online to assemble a group of agents and thier coverage prices.
Shop online but buy locally
Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local businesses is important especially in Santa Monica.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Santa Monica who will compete for your coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy! You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
Shown below is a short list of insurance agencies in Santa Monica willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 2714 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90403 – (310) 828-8088
- JBA Insurance Adjusters – 1158 26th St # 280, Santa Monica, CA 90403 – (310) 899-0115
- Farmers Insurance Group – 3400 Airport Ave # 20b, Santa Monica, CA 90405 – (310) 397-0234
- State Farm Insurance – 2451 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404 – (310) 315-1955
- Frank Foroutan Insurance – 2811 Wilshire Blvd # 780, Santa Monica, CA 90403 – (310) 264-8484
To view a full list of car insurance agents in Santa Monica, click here to link.
Choosing an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
After receiving satisfactory answers to these questions and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy.
Do online insurance companies cost less?
Professional insurance agents can be invaluable at times, but California car insurance can also be bought from online companies direct. Certain companies, such as State Farm, Allstate and Farmers, who have local agents in Santa Monica also allow you to buy online, so keep that in mind if you want to do it yourself.
If you’re apprehensive about having to choose coverages yourself, that shouldn’t be an issue. Online companies provide access to licensed agents for getting the best coverage.
Do online companies provide lower prices? Many people swear by it, but it’s difficult to answer since there are so many components that determine the price you pay. Some people will tell you that shopping online for auto insurance cuts out the middleman. But that assumption is generally incorrect because promoting brand recognition is pricey so this can offset any savings.
More quotes mean more savings
Cost effective car insurance is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Santa Monica, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
Additional information can be found on the California Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. Consumers can find out industry alerts, download brochures, find a variety of consumer forms, and file complaints about a company.