When buying auto insurance in Orange, you have many choices and choosing the right Orange car insurance agent is more difficult than just using the same insurance agency as your neighbor. It’s highly likely that not only do you want a competent insurance agent, but also the lowest possible price.
With companies like Allstate, Farmers and State Farm as well as independent agents all competing for your business, it’s difficult to determine which auto insurance agent will give you the lowest rates and best service. To begin, it’s easy to use online quotes in order to build a list of agents from which to choose.
How to buy auto insurance from an agent in Orange
Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in Orange.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will compete for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. How’s that for easy! You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Orange insurance agencies are either independent or captive
When researching local Orange agents, there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Orange can either be captive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Orange willing to provide pricing information.
- A and E Insurance Svc – 1111 W Town And Country Rd #29 – Orange, CA 92868 – (714) 834-9100
- Don Kent Agency – 172 N Tustin St # 201 – Orange, CA 92867 – (714) 633-2351
- Denis Cushing Agency – 1400 E Katella Ave # 217 – Orange, CA 92867 – (714) 633-4872
- Westcoast Insurance – 172 N Tustin St # 205 – Orange, CA 92867 – (714) 639-5051
Captive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from captive agents mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are captive agencies in Orange that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1740 W Katella Ave # S – Orange, CA 92867 – (714) 997-9927
- Allstate Insurance – 1400 E Katella Ave # 211 – Orange, CA 92867 – (714) 639-2227
- State Farm Insurance – 1046 N Tustin St # A – Orange, CA 92867 – (714) 771-4449
To view a full list of captive insurance agencies in Orange, simply jump to this page.
Selecting an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How long has their agency been open in Orange?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent.
What if I want to compare online rates?
Professional insurance agents are perfect for certain consumers, but California consumers also have the option to buy direct online. Some companies, such as State Farm, Allstate and Farmers, who have local agents in Orange also allow consumers to buy a policy online, so this should also be taken into consideration.
If you’re anxious about not having an agent to talk to when shopping online, this is a normal reaction for first-time shoppers. Auto insurance companies all provide contact methods to answer your questions. Consumers also can use the ability to chat online live with a sales rep and online research to make it easier to purchase.
Is car insurance cheaper online? It’s difficult to say for sure since there are many things that impact your rate calculation. You may think that shopping direct saves money because there is no agent involvement. In reality, promoting brand recognition is pricey so this can offset any savings.
More effort can pay off
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap auto insurance can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Orange agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional California car insurance resources
More information can be read on the California Department of Insurance website found here. California consumers can learn about specific coverages, find out industry alerts, and report car insurance fraud.