If you’re looking to buy car insurance, you have many choices and choosing the right Torrance car insurance agent takes more work than just randomly choosing from the yellow pages. Consumers require a professional agent, and also the best car insurance prices in Torrance.
Lots of insurance agents contend for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every car insurance agent and uncover the absolute lowest rate
Local Torrance car insurance agents
Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Torrance who will battle for your business. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. How’s that for easy! You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How long has their agency been in business in Torrance?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Listed below are Torrance car insurance agents that may be willing to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 900 W 190th St, Torrance, CA 90502 – (310) 516-8888
- Stan Burns Insurance – 21081 S Western Ave # 200, Torrance, CA 90501 – (310) 328-7655
- State Farm Insurance – 3220 Sepulveda Blvd # D, Torrance, CA 90505 – (310) 325-8572
- Christopher Gordon Agency – 5145 Calle Mayor, Torrance, CA 90505 – (310) 373-5551
- John Monreal Insurance – 3820 Del Amo Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503 – (310) 370-3134
- Farmers Insurance Group – 5520 W 190th St, Torrance, CA 90503 – (310) 793-9590
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Torrance, click here to link.
Once you have positive feedback to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Are online companies an option?
Insurance agents can be invaluable at times, but California drivers can also buy direct over the internet. Certain companies, such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm, that sell primarily through agents also give you the option to buy direct on their websites, so keep that in mind if you prefer not to work with an agent.
If you’re apprehensive about not getting proper coverage when buying car insurance direct, this is a normal reaction for first-time shoppers. Insurance companies that require consumers to choose their own coverages provide phone numbers and online resources to help you decide which coverages are appropriate. They also offer live help and 24/7 access so you can feel comfortable buying online.
Is it cheaper to buy car insurance online? The answer to that question is complicated since there are many things which can raise or lower premium rates. Many people think that a customer who purchases direcly from an online company saves the commission normally paid to an agent. In reality, it’s expensive to advertise so rates may not be all that different from traditional agents.
More consumer information in California
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the California Department of Insurance website. California consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find out which companies have the most complaints, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and read consumer alerts.
A tidy conclusion
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Lower-priced car insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Torrance, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.