When buying car insurance in Dallas, picking a good Texas insurance agency is not as easy as just making a phone call. Consumers need a good agent that listens to you, but also the best possible price.
Because there are so many choices of insurance companies, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the best insurer.
Working with a local agent
Good agents can point out coverage gaps and give you peace of mind. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will compete for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier!
Selecting a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Dallas
When researching a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be captive or independent. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they differ since it can impact your agent selection.
This type of agents write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Captives receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Dallas captive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 9330 Lbj Fwy # 120 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 234-0699
- Allstate Insurance – 13601 Preston Rd # 102w – Dallas, TX 75240 – (972) 387-2886
- Liberty Mutual – 3950 Spring Valley Rd – Dallas, TX 75244 – (972) 820-8426
- Texas Farm Bureau – 9560 Skillman St – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 340-8394
- State Farm Insurance – 304 Western Park Village – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 337-8945
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Dallas willing to provide price quotes.
- Spartan Insurance – 2625 Southwell Rd – Dallas, TX 75229 – (972) 247-7713
- Meyers Agency – 4520 W Lovers Ln – Dallas, TX 75209 – (214) 357-4288
- A and M Agency – – Dallas, TX 75220 – (214) 357-0571
- David Rembert Agency – 8325 Douglas Ave – Dallas, TX 75225 – (214) 368-1445
- Farmer’s Insurance – 9208 E R L Thornton Fwy # 208b – Dallas, TX 75228 – (214) 660-0153
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Dallas, please click here.
Once you have received reasonable responses to all your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Do online insurance companies cost less?
Auto insurance agents are important to many people, but Texas car insurance can also be bought from online companies direct. Even companies like State Farm and Allstate who have local agents in Dallas also allow consumers to buy a policy online, so that should be considered as an alternative to contacting agents.
If you’re uneasy about not having professional advice, that is normal but is not a big issue. Online insurance companies that allow you to purchase coverage provide customer service for getting advice on proper coverages. You may also access online education and live help anytime that you can use if you have questions.
Do online companies provide lower prices? It’s difficult to provide an answer because of the number of factors that can increase policy rates. Some people will tell you that going direct saves by not paying a commission. For most online online companies, however, advertising and marketing take a lot of money and this drives up their premium costs.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper car insurance can be found on the web in addition to many Dallas insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and view a list of available companies.
More related Dallas car insurance information: