To find an insurance agent in Albuquerque, NM, you can do an initial search by comparing prices online to save time. You need a good agent that listens to you, and also cheap rates.
Drivers have multiple insurance agents to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more challenging to adequately compare rates.
Buying auto insurance from a local Albuquerque agent
Educated insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will battle for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Selecting an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
Pick the best insurance agency in Albuquerque for you
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Albuquerque are either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both types can do a good job, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can influence your agent selection.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from captives primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Albuquerque who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 10131 Coors Blvd NW – Albuquerque, NM 87114 – (505) 899-5171
- Farmers Insurance Group – 2500 Louisiana Blvd NE # 310 – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 888-9626
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 6330 Riverside Plz Ln # 260 – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 890-1110
- Allstate Insurance – 1117 Rio Rancho Dr SE # 28 – Albuquerque, NM 87124 – (505) 891-1780
- State Farm Insurance – 1803 Louisiana Blvd NE # F1 – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 265-8861
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.Most can insure with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Albuquerque who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Barbara Fort Agency – 10301 Comanche Rd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 323-2606
- Cohn Agency LTD Co – 5101 Coors Blvd NW # D – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 899-0456
- Heidi Tabet-Goke Insurance – 3730 Coors Blvd NW # D – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 833-5433
- Chaney Agency – 6001 Central Ave NW – Albuquerque, NM 87105 – (505) 836-2964
- Phil Pettit Insurance Inc – 7112 Menaul Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 875-1300
To view a full list of auto insurance agents in Albuquerque, view this link.
Once you have received reasonable responses and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in New Mexico?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in New Mexico?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent.
Can you save by buying online?
Licensed agents are perfect for certain consumers, but you also have the option of buying New Mexico car insurance from online companies direct. Some specific companies that are more known for using agents, also allow you to buy direct online, and online price comparisons are easy to possibly find a better rate.
If you’re anxious about choosing your own coverages, this really isn’t an issue. All companies all have client service departments for customer questions.
Are online rates lower? Many people swear by it, but it’s difficult to answer because there are a lot of things that determine your policy premium. It’s a common assumption that shopping online for auto insurance cuts out the agent as a middleman. But that assumption is generally incorrect because online and traditional media advertising are expensive and this tends to eat up any savings.
More quotes mean more savings
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest auto insurance is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Albuquerque, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
More information about auto insurance
More detailed New Mexico auto insurance information can be read at the New Mexico Insurance Division website. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about a company, and read state legal mandates and laws.