If you’re looking to buy car insurance, selecting the best Matthews car insurance agent for your needs takes more work than just picking up the phone. You require a professional agent, but also cheap rates.
With so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be hard to find the best company.
Quote online, buy local
Agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Matthews who will battle for your business. There is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered to your email. Now that’s easy!
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How long has their agency been in business in Matthews?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they full-time agents?
Best insurance agent in Matthews
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents to choose from. Matthews agents can either be captive or independent. Both write coverage properly, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Captive agents work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from captive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of captive agencies in Matthews who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 2940 Senna Dr – Matthews, NC 28105 – (704) 845-1960
- Allstate Insurance Co – 130 Matthews Station St # 2d – Matthews, NC 28105 – (704) 846-0488
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 3116 Weddington Rd # 300 – Matthews, NC 28105 – (704) 847-8406
- N C Farm Bureau Insurance – 200 W Matthews St – Matthews, NC 28105 – (704) 841-8700
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Matthews willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Wausau Insurance Co – 10715 Sikes Pl – Matthews, NC 28105 – (704) 845-6232
- Rushing Agency – 300 E John St # 150 – Matthews, NC 28105 – (704) 847-9164
- Rushing Agency – 325 Matthews Mint Hill Rd – Matthews, NC 28105 – (704) 847-9164
- Nationwide Insurance Marshall – Stevens Mill Shopping Ctr – Matthews, NC 28104 – (704) 882-1204
- Royce Kersey Agency – 1020 Stallings Rd # A – Matthews, NC 28104 – (704) 882-8420
To view a complete directory of car insurance agents in Matthews, visit this site.
After getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
What about online companies that don’t sell through insurance agents?
Car insurance agents are indespensible for some people, but you can also find affordable North Carolina auto insurance directly from online companies. Some car insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate who have local agents in Matthews also allow you to get a quote and buy online, so keep that in mind if you don’t want to take the time to contact agents.
If you’re anxious about not having someone to ask questions, that shouldn’t be an issue. Insurance companies all have client service departments to answer any questions you may have.
Do people save by buying online? The answer to that question is complicated because there are a lot of things that influence your rates. Many people think that a shopper who purchases direct cuts out the agent as a middleman. In reality, marketing their products costs a lot of money and those expenses can offset most of the savings by selling direct.
More detailed North Carolina car insurance information can be read at the North Carolina Department of Insurance website. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, learn about specific coverages, and discover disciplinary actions.
Low-cost car insurance is possible both online and with local Matthews insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.