When buying auto insurance in West Des Moines, selecting the best West Des Moines insurance agency for your needs is not as easy as just making a phone call. Most likely you want a friendly agent, but you also want to find great rates as well.
With companies like Allstate, Farmers, State Farm and many independent agents having offices in West Des Moines, it can be hard to know which provider will provide you with the cheapest rates and the best coverage. Fortunately, consumers can use insurance quotes online to get a list of agencies and thier coverage prices.
Buying car insurance locally
Agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in West Des Moines.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in West Des Moines who will compete to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to your email. Now that’s easy!
Captive and independent West Des Moines insurance agents
When searching for local West Des Moines agents, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can select. West Des Moines agents are either captive or independent. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you contact several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.Most can insure with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Below are independent insurance agencies in West Des Moines who may be able to give you price quote information.
- MSI Insurance – 4949 W Town Pkwy # 125 – West Des Moines, IA 50266 – (515) 270-9394
- C Mac Chambers Agency – 3737 Woodland Ave # 640 – West Des Moines, IA 50266 – (515) 225-1444
- Carl Konz Agency – 6800 Lake Dr # 295 – West Des Moines, IA 50266 – (515) 222-0776
- MSI Insurance – 7205 Vista Dr – West Des Moines, IA 50266 – (515) 225-6728
- Asset Protection Agency – 1466 28th St # 100 – West Des Moines, IA 50266 – (515) 223-1600
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Captive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes choose to use a captive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of captive agencies in West Des Moines willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – 1325 50th St – West Des Moines, IA 50266 – (515) 224-0559
- State Farm Insurance – 7780 Office Plaza Dr S – West Des Moines, IA 50266 – (515) 225-2576
- American Family Insurance – 1910 Grand Ave – West Des Moines, IA 50265 – (515) 225-8300
- Allstate Insurance – 3636 Westown Pkwy # 204 – West Des Moines, IA 50266 – (515) 225-6401
To view a complete directory of West Des Moines captive agencies, visit this site.
Picking an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to all your questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Do online insurance companies have lower rates?
Licensed agents serve a purpose, but Iowa consumers also have the option to buy direct over the internet. A few companies that are more known for using agents, additionally provide the ability to buy direct on their websites, so this should also be taken into consideration if you are the do-it-yourself type.
If you’re apprehensive about not getting proper coverage when shopping online, this really isn’t an issue. Online insurance companies that require consumers to choose their own coverages provide toll-free numbers that you can contact for information. They also offer live help and an extensive research center so you can feel comfortable buying online.
Are car insurance rates lower online? The answer to that question is complicated because of the fact that insurance companies use many factors that influence your rates. It’s often assumed that a consumer who buys direct saves money because there is no agent involvement. But in reality, marketing their products costs a lot of money and that can cost more than having to pay agents.
One last thing
The cheapest auto insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood West Des Moines agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal and questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Some additional reading
Additional auto insurance information is located on the Iowa Insurance Division website. Click here for link. Consumers can view a list of available companies, report car insurance fraud, and download brochures.