Selecting a auto insurance company in Cedar Rapids, IA can be time consuming since choosing the right Cedar Rapids car insurance agent is harder than just making a phone call. You require a competent insurance agent, but also need cheap rates.
Consumers have many insurance agents to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to find a good deal.
Local Cedar Rapids agents and auto insurance
Professional agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Cedar Rapids who will battle for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy!
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Iowa?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Shown below are Cedar Rapids car insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 4015 Mount Vernon Rd SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52403 – (319) 363-2085
- Farmers Insurance Group – 3150 E Ave NW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52405 – (319) 396-0953
- Diane Winch Agency – 4990 Johnson Ave NW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52405 – (319) 396-2060
- Allstate Insurance – 1935 1st Ave SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 – (319) 363-4008
- Pumroy-Mutual Insurance – , Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 – (319) 364-0806
- Quill Insurance Consultants – 871 Shaver Rd NE # 201, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 – (319) 862-2400
To view a complete directory of Cedar Rapids insurance agents, visit this site.
Once you have received satisfactory answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
What coverages do I need?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent.
Also think about buying car insurance direct
Professional insurance agents are indespensible for some people, but you can also find affordable Iowa auto insurance direct online. Some car insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate that sell primarily through agents also allow consumers to get a quote and buy online, so this should also be taken into consideration if you are the do-it-yourself type.
If you’re anxious about not having an insurance agent’s advice when shopping online, this is expected but don’t let that bother you. Car insurance companies that require consumers to choose their own coverages all provide contact methods for getting the best coverage.
Is online auto insurance cheaper? Whether or not you’ll save is impossible to say because of the fact that insurance companies use many factors that determine your policy premium. Many people think that buying car insurance online prevents the agent from taking a cut. But in most cases, the cost of constant advertising is expensive and this drives up their premium costs.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Budget-conscious auto insurance is possible from both online companies and with local Cedar Rapids insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Consumer auto insurance information in Iowa
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Iowa Insurance Division website. Iowa consumers can find disaster information, learn about insurance regulations, discover disciplinary actions, and download brochures.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Cedar Rapids