To find an insurance agent in Chattanooga, Tennessee, it’s recommended you start your research on the web rather than picking up the phone. The chances are good that not only do you want a decent agent, but you also want to find the best rates possible.
With insurance companies like Allstate, Farmers, State Farm and many independent agents having local Chattanooga offices, it’s hard to tell which insurance agency will provide you with the cheapest rates and the best coverage. Thankfully, you can use insurance quotes online to assemble a group of insurance agencies from which to choose.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent.
Compare Chattanooga agent rates online
Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Chattanooga.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Chattanooga who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. How cool is that?! You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby.
Captive and independent Chattanooga insurance agencies
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Chattanooga agents are categorized either independent or captive.
Independent agencies are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to contact several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Chattanooga willing to provide price quote information.
- Mutual Of Omaha Insurance Co – 1200 Premier Dr # 205 – Chattanooga, TN 37421 – (423) 899-9800
- AAAA Springfield Agency – – Chattanooga, TN 37415 – (423) 875-2500
- Ooltewah Insurance – 7151 Lee Hwy – Chattanooga, TN 37421 – (423) 893-5353
- Marie Fox Meador Agency – 3871 Hixson Pike # B – Chattanooga, TN 37415 – (423) 877-8267
- Acceptance Insurance Agency – 480 Greenway View Dr # 104 – Chattanooga, TN 37411 – (423) 499-1992
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents can only write with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Chattanooga that are able to give rate quotes.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 2030 Hamilton Place Blvd – Chattanooga, TN 37421 – (423) 894-1237
- Shelter Insurance – 4830 Highway 58 # 6 – Chattanooga, TN 37416 – (423) 899-9142
- Farmers Insurance Group – 2 Northgate Park # 409 – Chattanooga, TN 37415 – (423) 870-7850
- Allstate Insurance Co – 7405 Shallowford Rd # 500 – Chattanooga, TN 37421 – (423) 892-0653
- State Farm Insurance – 7036 Lee Hwy – Chattanooga, TN 37421 – (423) 892-9610
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 7953 E Brainerd Rd # 400 – Chattanooga, TN 37421 – (423) 892-6211
- American Family Institute Corp – 1314 Chamberlain Ave – Chattanooga, TN 37404 – (423) 265-6747
For a complete listing of auto insurance agents in Chattanooga, go to this page.
Choosing an insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Chattanooga?
After receiving positive responses and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Can you buy online and save?
Licensed agents serve a purpose, but you also have the option of buying direct from companies that only sell online. Some companies like Allstate and State Farm that are more known for using agents, also give you the ability to buy online, and that is helpful if you don’t want to take the time to contact agents.
If you’re uncomfortable with selecting your own policy coverages, that is normal but is not a big issue. Auto insurance companies provide options for answering any questions you have. Consumers also can use online education and live help anytime that you can use if you have questions.
Does it save money buying online? It’s difficult to say for sure since there are many things which can adversely affect your policy premium. Common logic is that purchasing direct online cuts out the agent as a middleman. But the fact is, advertising and marketing take a lot of money so the rates may be similar to buying from an agent.
More resources for learning
Additional information is located on the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website located here. Tennessee consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, discover disciplinary actions, and get help finding coverage.
When you buy insurance online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Chattanooga agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.