Comparing auto insurance companies in Sacramento, CA can be challenging because choosing the right Sacramento insurance agency takes more work than just making a phone call. You need a professional licensed agent, and also the best possible rates.
Many auto insurance agents vie for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive best rates possible.
Is my situation unique?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Sacramento?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent.
Your local neighborhood insurance agent
Licensed agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Sacramento who will return price quotes for your business. You never need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
Insurance agent types
If you’re trying to find local Sacramento agents, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Sacramento are either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the differences since it may influence buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agents are trained well in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of captive insurance agents in Sacramento that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 4021 El Camino Ave – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 488-8354
- California Farm Bureau Fed – 1127 11th St – Sacramento, CA 95814 – (916) 446-4647
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 1750 Howe Ave – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 564-1792
- Allstate Financial Svc – 1804 Tribute Rd # 205 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (916) 641-0017
- State Farm Insurance – 500 N St # 23 – Sacramento, CA 95814 – (916) 444-9787
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Sacramento willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Bill Parker Agency – 4528 Millrace Rd – Sacramento, CA 95864 – (916) 486-0783
- Borges Agency – 1451 River Park Dr # 148 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (916) 927-5563
- David Kelly Agency – 510 Bercut Dr # F – Sacramento, CA 95814 – (916) 447-9797
- Miner Financial and Insurance – 2625 Fair Oaks Blvd # 1 – Sacramento, CA 95864 – (916) 481-4645
- Physicians Insurance Assoc – 1321 Howe Ave # 112 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 564-4003
For a complete listing of licensed insurance agents in Sacramento, visit this link.
Once you have received satisfactory answers to these questions and a low price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
But what about buying insurance online?
Professional insurance agents can be invaluable at times, but you also have the option of buying from online companies direct. Certain companies who have local agents in Sacramento also permit you to get quotes and purchase online, and that is helpful if you don’t want to take the time to contact agents.
If you’re worried about not having someone to ask questions, this is expected but don’t let that bother you. Online insurance companies provide toll-free numbers for getting advice on proper coverages. They also offer online help and live chat so buying online is not difficult.
Do online companies provide lower prices? Many people think so, but it’s hard to say for sure due to the fact that there are many factors that influence your rates. Common sense would say that a customer who purchases direcly from an online company saves by not paying a commission. But the reality is there are high advertising and marketing costs so rates may not be all that different from traditional agents.
California auto insurance information
Additional detailed information is available at the California Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, learn about insurance regulations, and report car insurance fraud.
Better coverage you can count on
Cheaper Sacramento auto insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Sacramento agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.