When finding a licensed insurance agent in Spokane, you can do an initial search on the internet instead of calling around. You need a decent agent, but also need the best auto insurance prices in Spokane.
Multiple insurance agents compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a car insurance agent and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent.
Online quotes with a local Spokane insurance agent
Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to companies in Spokane who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. Now that’s easy! You can find better rates and work with a local agent.
Picking an insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How are claims handled?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How long has their agency been open in Spokane?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
Types of insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can select. Spokane agents are either independent or captive.
Captive agencies work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are captive agencies in Spokane that are able to give price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 2922 S Grand Blvd – Spokane, WA 99203 – (509) 624-7073
- Farmers Insurance Group – 26 E 5th Ave – Spokane, WA 99202 – (509) 623-4900
- Allstate Insurance – 8619 N Division St # A – Spokane, WA 99208 – (509) 467-6520
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you should always contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Spokane that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Don Wilson Agency Inc – 1414 W Garland Ave # 101 – Spokane, WA 99205 – (509) 327-5519
- Roeber Insurance – 2029 W Northwest Blvd – Spokane, WA 99205 – (509) 326-1575
- Country Insurance and Financial – 1727 E Francis Ave # 3a – Spokane, WA 99208 – (509) 343-3330
- Hertel Agency – 10220 N Nevada St – Spokane, WA 99218 – (509) 467-8837
- AAI Agency Auto Insurance – 1616 W Wellesley Ave # D – Spokane, WA 99205 – (509) 344-2886
For a complete listing of auto insurance agents in Spokane, visit this site.
Once you have received good answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Can you save by buying online?
Insurance agencies serve a purpose, but Washington consumers also have the option to buy direct from companies that only sell online. Certain auto insurance companies who have local Spokane agents also give you the option to buy direct online, so this should also be taken into consideration if you prefer to buy online.
If you’re anxious about not receiving proper advice, that is normal but is not a big issue. Auto insurance companies that allow you to purchase coverage all have client service departments that you can contact for information. Many online companies also provide live help and 24/7 access to help you answer questions.
If the best price is important to you, the most effective way to determine where you can get the lowest rate, either online or from agents, is to get free quotes from both and compare them. Even though it sounds odd, people frequently get different pricing when getting a price from both an agent and online for the identical company.
Do online companies have better rates? Many people think so, but it’s hard to say for sure because there are many factors that impact your rate calculation. Some people think that buying online saves money because there is no agent involvement. But the fact is, the cost of constant advertising is expensive and that can cost more than having to pay agents.
Additional Washington car insurance resources
Even more information is located at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, read state legal mandates and laws, learn about insurance regulations, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
Other useful links include III.org’s auto insurance page and this list of insurance agents in Spokane.
And the best car insurance company is…
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.