When finding an insurance agent in Grand Junction, Colorado, it’s recommended you start your search on the internet to save yourself time. We’re assuming you require not only a decent agent, but you also need affordable coverage.
With State Farm, Allstate and many independent agents having offices in Grand Junction, consumers have a hard time knowing which car insurance agent will give you the best service and rates. To help decide, consumers can use online quotes to assemble a group of agencies from which to choose.
Grand Junction agents for car insurance
Agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Grand Junction.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will battle to get your business. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. How cool is that?!
Pick the best car insurance agent in Grand Junction for you
When searching for a local agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Grand Junction can either be captive or independent (non-captive). Both insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Grand Junction independent insurance agencies who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- John Geer Agency – 2505 Foresight Cir E # B – Grand Junction, CO 81505 – (970) 241-0078
- Talbot Agency Inc – 2501 Blichmann Ave – Grand Junction, CO 81505 – (970) 241-1828
- Mason Agency – 555 North Ave # 1 – Grand Junction, CO 81501 – (970) 242-0000
- One Stop Auto Insurance – 569 32 Rd # 15d – Grand Junction, CO 81504 – (970) 523-7867
- ABC and Insurance Svc – 660 Rood Ave – Grand Junction, CO 81501 – (970) 242-8098
This type of agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Captives cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy from captive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following are Grand Junction captive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 2478 Patterson Rd # 15 – Grand Junction, CO 81505 – (970) 256-7495
- Farmers Insurance Group – 920 Main St – Grand Junction, CO 81501 – (970) 243-5758
- American Family Insurance – 666 Patterson Rd # G – Grand Junction, CO 81506 – (970) 241-6132
- State Farm Insurance – 640 Rood Ave – Grand Junction, CO 81501 – (970) 242-9951
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 627 24 1/2 Rd # B – Grand Junction, CO 81505 – (970) 242-9249
To view a complete directory of captive insurance agents in Grand Junction, go to this page.
Picking an insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
After receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
Online car insurance providers
Auto insurance agents can be invaluable at times, but you also have the option of buying Colorado car insurance from online companies direct. Some specific companies like State Farm and Allstate that are more known for using agents, also give you the ability to buy online, so that should be considered.
If you’re concerned about selecting your own policy coverages when shopping online, don’t let it bother you. Online car insurance companies have toll-free phone numbers and other options to walk you through the process. Consumers also can use live help and 24/7 access to help you answer questions.
If you’re trying to save the most money, the best approach to discovering if the best rates are online or from local agents is to get price quotes for both. You may actually get a different price for the same auto insurance company when they compare quotes from both.
Is pricing better online? It’s hard to say exactly due to the fact that there are multiple individual factors that influence how your policy is priced. Common sense would say that shopping online for auto insurance cuts out the agent as a middleman. For most companies selling online, however, advertising and marketing take a lot of money and that impacts the rates consumers pay.
One last thing
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
Additional car insurance information can be found on the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website found here. Consumers can report car insurance fraud, find out which companies have the most complaints, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.