When finding a good insurance agent in Cincinnati, Ohio, it’s recommended you start your research using online quotes rather than picking up the phone. For this article’s sake, it’s assumed that not only do you want a friendly agent, but also the lowest possible price.
With companies like American Family, Allstate, State Farm and independent agents all competing for business in Cincinnati, it can be hard to know which will provide the cheapest rates and the best coverage. Thankfully, consumers can use online price quotes to build a list of insurance agents to choose from.
Cincinnati agents for auto insurance
Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you peace of mind. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in Cincinnati.
By using this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Cincinnati who will return price quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. How cool is that?! You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Compare rates from both independent and captive insurance agents
When looking for a reliable agent, there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Cincinnati agents can either be independent or captive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.Most can insure with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Below are independent agencies in Cincinnati that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Heritage Financial Agency – 4055 Executive Park Dr # 115 – Cincinnati, OH 45241 – (513) 733-8998
- Friedman Agency – 12087 Sheraton Ln – Cincinnati, OH 45246 – (513) 346-3200
- Jyl Cox Insurance – 8041 Hosbrook Rd # 414 – Cincinnati, OH 45236 – (513) 791-3424
- Kinney Moore Agency – 1701 Compton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 522-7424
- Affordable Insurance – – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 522-6300
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of captive agents in Cincinnati who can help you get price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 6125 E Kemper Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45241 – (513) 489-6881
- State Farm Insurance – 10823 Montgomery Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45242 – (513) 489-2299
- Liberty Mutual – 10101 Alliance Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45242 – (513) 792-5200
- American Family Insurance – 10999 Reed Hartman Hwy # 319 – Cincinnati, OH 45242 – (513) 891-5379
- Allstate Insurance – 1014 Vine St – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 421-1333
For a full directory of Cincinnati captive agencies, go to this page.
Selecting an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How long has their agency been open in Cincinnati?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent.
But what about buying from online companies?
Auto insurance agents serve a purpose, but Ohio car insurance can also be bought from online companies direct. Certain auto insurance companies, such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm, who have local Cincinnati agents also permit you to get quotes and purchase online, and that is helpful.
If you’re uneasy about not getting proper coverage, that shouldn’t be an issue. Auto insurance companies all have toll-free customer service to answer your questions.
Can online rates save money? A lot of shoppers won’t buy anywhere else, but it’s impossible to say because there are a lot of things that are calculated into your premium. Common sense would say that a shopper who purchases direct reduces premiums because there is no agent. In reality, getting their brand in front of customers is expensive and that impacts the rates consumers pay.
And the best car insurance company is…
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
The cheapest auto insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Cincinnati, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
More consumer information in Ohio
More information is located on the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. Ohio consumers can read consumer alerts, learn about specific coverages, find out which companies have the most complaints, and find a variety of consumer forms.