If you’re looking to buy auto insurance, there are a lot of options and choosing the right Naperville insurance agent takes more work than just calling the closest agent. Consumers need a good agent that listens to you, but also need the best possible rates.
Drivers have so many car insurance agents to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to adequately compare rates.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent.
Naperville agents for auto insurance
Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you peace of mind. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Naperville who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. Now that’s easy!
Selecting an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Naperville insurance agents are either independent or captive
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can select. Agents can either be captive or independent (non-captive). Either one can write coverage properly, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it may influence your agent selection.
Captive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from captive agents partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Naperville captive insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 710 E Ogden Ave # 560 – Naperville, IL 60563 – (630) 428-1570
- Allstate Insurance – 6s235 Steeple Run Dr # 202 – Naperville, IL 60540 – (630) 355-6300
- American Family Insurance – 1783 S Washington St # 108b – Naperville, IL 60565 – (630) 527-0322
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Naperville who can help you get price quotes.
- Country Insurance – 500 E Ogden Ave # 203 – Naperville, IL 60563 – (630) 355-5571
- Dean Psyhogios Agency – 6s235 Steeple Run Dr # 11 – Naperville, IL 60540 – (630) 428-0028
- Agency Of America – 24w500 Maple Ave # 206 – Naperville, IL 60540 – (630) 778-1110
- Gary Friebus Agency – 10 S Washington St – Naperville, IL 60540 – (630) 717-0300
- Glenn Stokes Insurance – 28w136 Lakeview Dr – Naperville, IL 60564 – (630) 983-9334
For a full directory of Naperville insurance agents, please view this page.
Once you have satisfactory answers to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that will adequately provide auto insurance.
Do online insurance companies have lower rates?
Car insurance agents are important to many people, but you can also buy Illinois car insurance direct from companies online. Certain companies who sell through the agent channel also let you buy online, and that can save time if the lowest rate is your goal.
If you’re worried about not receiving proper advice when shopping online, this is normal but is quickly overcome. Online insurance companies provide options for getting the best coverage.
Does buying online save money? The answer to that question is complicated since there are so many factors that determine the price you pay. It would make sense to think that buying directly from the company saves by not paying a commission. But that assumption is generally incorrect because it’s expensive to advertise and that can quickly cost more than paying an agent.
More detailed Illinois auto insurance information can be read at the Illinois Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, view a list of available companies, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost auto insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Naperville agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.