To locate a licensed insurance agent in Columbus, you can start your research by comparing rates online rather than looking in the yellowpages. You need a professional licensed agent, but also need the best car insurance prices in Columbus.
Numerous car insurance agents battle to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest price
Columbus agents and online quotes
Good agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Columbus who will battle for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
Choosing an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you want to view a list of agents in Columbus to contact, visit this site.
After getting positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
How much car insurance do I need?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Ohio minimum liability coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- What are Ohio no-fault laws?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent.
The online alternatives
Insurance agencies are important, but you can also find affordable Ohio auto insurance direct from companies that only sell online. Some car insurance companies that sell primarily through agents also let you quote and buy online, and that can save time if finding the best price is important.
If you’re anxious about not receiving proper advice when buying direct, don’t sweat it. Insurance companies have toll-free phone numbers and other options to answer your questions. Consumers also can use live help and an extensive research center that you can use if you have questions.
Do people save by buying online? Many people swear by it, but it’s difficult to answer because there are a lot of things that influence the price you pay. You may think that buying online prevents the agent from taking a cut. But the reality is getting their brand in front of customers is expensive and that impacts the rates consumers pay.
One last thing about your coverage
Affordable car insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Columbus, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Consumers can file complaints about a company, read industry bulletins, and learn about specific coverages.