If you’re trying to find a good Fremont agent, you can always start your search on the web to save time. Consumers require a decent agent, but also need affordable rates.
There is such a variety of auto insurance agents to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to find the best rates.
Shop online but buy locally
Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Fremont who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. It doesn’t get any easier!
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Best car insurance agent in Fremont
When finding an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can select. Agencies in Fremont are classified as either independent or captive. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose
These agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Fremont captive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 38970 Blacow Rd # D – Fremont, CA 94536 – (510) 796-5911
- Allstate Insurance – 47818 Warm Springs Blvd – Fremont, CA 94539 – (510) 661-2388
- Farmers Insurance Group – 556 Mowry Ave – Fremont, CA 94536 – (510) 791-9182
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Fremont that can give you price quote information.
- Paulson-Phillips Insurance – 40587 Fremont Blvd – Fremont, CA 94538 – (510) 252-1222
- Suzan Pheley Agency – 46850 Warm Springs Blvd – Fremont, CA 94539 – (510) 490-8400
- Amy Huang Agency – 4510 Peralta Blvd # 5 – Fremont, CA 94536 – (510) 713-8086
- Teshirogi Insurance – 200 Brown Rd – Fremont, CA 94539 – (510) 490-2673
- Sonny Hubbard Agency – 3833 Peralta Blvd # C – Fremont, CA 94536 – (510) 792-9040
To view a full list of Fremont insurance agents, view this link.
Upon receiving reasonable responses for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do no-fault laws apply in California?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent.
Have you considered online alternatives?
Professional insurance agents can be invaluable at times, but California consumers also have the option to buy directly from online companies. Even companies like State Farm and Allstate who sell through the agent channel also let you get quotes and purchase online, and that is helpful and can also potentially find you lower rates.
If you’re uncomfortable with having to choose coverages yourself when shopping online, don’t let it bother you. Insurance companies provide options to answer your questions.
Are car insurance rates lower online? The answer is complex because there are so many things that influence how your policy is priced. Some people think that buying direct cuts out the agent as a middleman. But truthfully, promoting brand recognition is pricey and that impacts the rates consumers pay.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost auto insurance is definitely available both online and with local Fremont insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
More resources for learning
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the California Department of Insurance website. California drivers can find out which companies have the most complaints, download brochures, and read state legal mandates and laws.