If you’re looking to buy car insurance, there are a lot of options and finding the best Nevada car insurance agent is not as easy as just driving to the closest agent’s office. You need a good agent, and also want to find cheaper car insurance prices.
With consumers having so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be hard to pick the most affordable car insurance company.
Online price comparisons from North Las Vegas agents
Agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in North Las Vegas who will compete to get your business. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Independent or Captive: It’s your choice
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures to choose from. Agents are either independent (non-captive) or captive. While both can do a good job, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it can impact your selection of an agent.
This type of agents write business for a single company and examples are American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Captive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently buy from captive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of captive agencies in North Las Vegas that can give you price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 3925 N Martin L King Blvd #116 – North Las Vegas, NV 89032 – (702) 647-3507
- Allstate Insurance – 1311 W Craig Rd # B – North Las Vegas, NV 89032 – (702) 631-5482
- American Family Insurance – 3030 W Ann Rd # 110 – North Las Vegas, NV 89031 – (702) 396-7100
- State Farm Insurance – 5546 Camino AL Norte # 1-3 – North Las Vegas, NV 89031 – (702) 220-9673
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in North Las Vegas that are able to give price quotes.
- David Tattam Insurance – 1616 Civic Center Dr – North Las Vegas, NV 89030 – (702) 649-2331
- Agency Insurance Resolutions – 3100 E Lake Mead Blvd – North Las Vegas, NV 89030 – (702) 649-5505
- Daniels Tax and Insurance Svc – 3100 E Lake Mead Blvd # 13a – North Las Vegas, NV 89030 – (702) 399-1632
- Laidlaw Agency – 5595 Simmons St # 4 – North Las Vegas, NV 89031 – (702) 804-5600
For a complete listing of car insurance agents in North Las Vegas, visit this site.
Once you have received satisfactory answers to all your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Nevada?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- What are Nevada no-fault laws?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent.
Online companies can help you save
Professional insurance agents are perfect for certain consumers, but you also have the option of buying Nevada car insurance from companies direct over the internet. A few companies, such as State Farm, Allstate and Farmers, who employ agents also give you the ability to buy a policy online, and online price comparisons are easy if you don’t want to take the time to contact agents.
If you’re uncomfortable with whether or not you’ll have guidance when shopping online, that shouldn’t be an issue. Online insurance companies provide toll-free numbers to walk you through the process. Consumers also can use online education and live help anytime so buying online is not difficult.
Is it cheaper to buy car insurance online? Many people swear by it, but it’s difficult to answer since there are so many components that impact your final bill. It’s a logical assumption that buying direct lowers rates due to not having any agent compensation. But in reality, online and traditional media advertising are expensive and those expenses can offset most of the savings by selling direct.
Smart shoppers get results
Low-cost car insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in North Las Vegas, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver or questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
To find out more about Nevada car insurance
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Nevada Division of Insurance website. Nevada consumers can view agent and company licensing information, view a list of available companies, find a variety of consumer forms, and find out which companies have the most complaints.