If you’re trying to find an insurance agent in Shreveport, LA, it’s recommended you start your search for an agent online rather than picking up the phone. You need a decent agent, but also need affordable rates.
Popular companies such as State Farm, Geico and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
Save time by quoting online
Good agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Shreveport who will compete for your business. You never need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy! It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Selecting an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Shreveport
When searching for a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Shreveport can either be captive or independent (non-captive).
Captive agents have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are captive agencies in Shreveport that can give you rate quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 8640 Business Park Dr – Shreveport, LA 71105 – (318) 524-5200
- State Farm Insurance – 8805 Line Ave # 400 – Shreveport, LA 71106 – (318) 869-1135
- Shelter Insurance – 220 Carroll St # C1 – Shreveport, LA 71105 – (318) 686-5521
- Allstate Insurance – 3937 Pines Rd # A – Shreveport, LA 71119 – (318) 636-6386
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, you should always include at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Shreveport that are able to give price quotes.
- Standard Insurance Co – 4859 N Market St # F – Shreveport, LA 71107 – (318) 425-7777
- Steve Pace Agency Inc – 4505 Youree Dr – Shreveport, LA 71105 – (318) 868-5785
- Direct General Ins Agency – 3214 W 70th St – Shreveport, LA 71108 – (318) 686-9221
- Four Corners General Agency – 929 Olive St – Shreveport, LA 71104 – (318) 424-9551
- American National Insurance Co – 2006 E 70th St – Shreveport, LA 71105 – (318) 797-0747
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Shreveport, please go to this site.
After receiving good answers for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is Louisiana a no-fault state?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Louisiana?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent.
Alternatives to local agents
Insurance agents are perfect for certain consumers, but you also have the option of buying Louisiana car insurance direct online. Certain auto insurance companies, such as State Farm, Allstate and Farmers, who sell through the agent channel also permit you to buy direct on their websites, and online price comparisons are easy if you prefer to buy online.
If you’re anxious about not having an insurance agent’s advice when buying direct, that should not be a issue. Companies all have client service departments for answering any questions you have. Additionally, most companies also offer online education and live help anytime to help with the buying process.
Is it cheaper to buy online? That is a tough question to answer due to the large number of individual components that influence how your policy is priced. It’s often assumed that a shopper who purchases direct prevents the agent from taking a cut. But the fact is, getting their brand in front of customers is expensive and this tends to eat up any savings.
Discount car insurance is definitely available both online and with local Shreveport insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or even high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Additional consumer information websites
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Consumers can download brochures, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, report car insurance fraud, and read consumer alerts.