If you’re trying to find a good insurance agent in Carmel, IN, we recommend you start your research by comparing prices online to save yourself time. You need a decent agent, and also want to find affordable rates.
Lots of auto insurance agents contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every auto insurance agent to find the best price available.
Car Insurance from Carmel insurance agents
Educated insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Carmel who will compete for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Selecting an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Carmel
When looking for a good Carmel insurance agent, there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Carmel are categorized either independent or captive. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are captive agencies in Carmel who may provide you with rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 581 S Range Line Rd # B4 – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 844-7020
- State Farm Insurance – 271 Merchants Square Dr # C4 – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 844-7243
- Shelter Insurance – 620 S Range Line Rd # 2b – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 844-6800
- Allstate Insurance – 241 N Range Line Rd – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 571-9024
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 111 Congressional Blvd – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 582-1728
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 240 E Carmel Dr – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 846-5861
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company but rather can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you should always include price quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following are Carmel independent agents that can give you price quote information.
- Patrick J Terry Agency – 9850 N Michigan Rd # F – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 879-1523
- Walker and Assoc Insurance – 356 Gradle Dr – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 848-4400
- Richard Cox Agency – 1717 E 116th St # 101 – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 575-0975
- Lukes Agency – 1005 W Main St – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 844-6277
- Stanley Insurance Svc – 1980 E 116th St # 120c – Carmel, IN 46032 – (317) 848-7686
For a complete listing of auto insurance agents in Carmel, please click here.
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
But what about buying from online companies?
Auto insurance agents are important, but you also have the option of buying Indiana car insurance direct from companies online. Some car insurance companies, such as State Farm, Allstate and Farmers, that are more known for using agents, also let you buy direct on their websites, and that can save time to possibly find a better rate.
If you’re uncomfortable with not getting proper coverage, that is quite common when buying online the first time. Insurance companies that allow you to purchase coverage provide phone numbers and online resources for customer questions. Additionally, most companies also offer a frequently asked questions page that you can use before buying.
Are car insurance rates lower online? Whether or not you’ll save is impossible to say since there are many things that influence your rates. It would make sense to think that going direct saves money because there is no agent involvement. But the fact is, marketing their products costs a lot of money and those expenses can offset most of the savings by selling direct.
More detailed Indiana auto insurance information can be read at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, view a list of available companies, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
Cheaper auto insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Carmel, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.