If you’re looking to buy auto insurance, finding the best New York insurance agency is harder than just picking up the phone. Chances are good you require not only a good agent that listens to you, but you also need affordable coverage.
With companies like independent agents, Allstate and State Farm all competing for your business, it’s difficult to determine which will give you the best rates, service and coverage. To begin, it’s easy to use online quotes to get a list of agents to choose from.
Online price comparisons from Yonkers agents
Educated insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Yonkers.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Yonkers who will battle for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy!
Multiple types of insurance agents in Yonkers
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Yonkers are either captive or independent (non-captive). Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Below are independent insurance agents in Yonkers who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Sovereign Security Agency Inc – 28 Point St – Yonkers, NY 10701 – (914) 968-9700
- A and E Ledesma Agency – 641 Yonkers Ave – Yonkers, NY 10704 – (914) 423-3100
- Freddy Insurance – 140 Mclean Ave – Yonkers, NY 10705 – (914) 476-9100
- Lombardo-Scotti Agency LTD – 733 Yonkers Ave # 304 – Yonkers, NY 10704 – (914) 963-7800
- Decap Insurance Of Yonkers – 800 Central Park Ave – Yonkers, NY 10704 – (914) 968-7101
This type of agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. Captives cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captives are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from captive agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of captive agencies in Yonkers that are able to give rate quotes.
- American Family Travel – 676 Saw Mill River Rd – Yonkers, NY 10710 – (914) 375-1700
- State Farm Insurance – 2016 Central Park Ave – Yonkers, NY 10710 – (914) 793-5100
- Allstate Insurance Co – 1071 Yonkers Ave – Yonkers, NY 10704 – (914) 776-4300
To view a full list of captive agents in Yonkers, view this link.
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How are claims handled?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Upon getting positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Yonkers?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent.
Can I save by eliminating the insurance agent?
Car insurance agents are perfect for certain consumers, but you can also find affordable New York auto insurance direct from companies that only sell online. Certain auto insurance companies who sell through the agent channel also give you the option to buy a policy online, and online price comparisons are easy if you’re trying to lower your rates.
If you’re uneasy about choosing your own coverages when shopping online, don’t be too concerned. Online companies provide toll-free numbers to walk you through the process.
Will auto insurance cost less online? It’s difficult to say for sure because of the fact that insurance companies use many factors that influence the price you pay. Some people think that a shopper who purchases direct saves money because there is no agent involvement. But the fact is, getting their brand in front of customers is expensive and those expenses can offset most of the savings by selling direct.
Smart consumers save more
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Cost effective auto insurance is attainable both online in addition to many Yonkers insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Informative consumer insurance sites
More information is located on the New York Department of Financial Services website located here. New York drivers can read state legal mandates and laws, find a variety of consumer forms, and find disaster information.