Comparing car insurance companies in Littleton, CO can be challenging because you have many choices and selecting the best Littleton insurance agency for your needs is harder than just randomly choosing from the yellow pages. You need a competent insurance agent, and also want to find competitive car insurance rates.
There is such a variety of car insurance agents to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, having more car insurance agents makes it harder to find a good deal.
Compare online but buy from a local Littleton agent
Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Littleton who will battle for your coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. How’s that for easy!
Selecting an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you’re trying to find a good Littleton insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Littleton can either be captive or independent (non-captive). Either one can write coverage properly, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can impact your agent selection.
Captive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of captive agencies in Littleton who may provide you with price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 2600 W Dry Creek Cir # 600 – Littleton, CO 80120 – (303) 794-7306
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 537 W Highlands Ranch Pkwy # 1 – Littleton, CO 80129 – (303) 346-0028
- American Family Insurance – 5808 S Rapp St – Littleton, CO 80120 – (303) 795-5242
- Allstate Insurance – 7444 W Chatfield Ave # C – Littleton, CO 80128 – (303) 979-5362
- State Farm Insurance – 8176 S Wadsworth Blvd # B – Littleton, CO 80128 – (303) 798-5444
- Insurance Shelter – 83 Centennial Blvd – Littleton, CO 80129 – (303) 470-0474
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Littleton that can give you rate quotes.
- Loraine De Leon Insurance – 26 W Dry Creek Cir # 600 – Littleton, CO 80120 – (303) 734-0333
- Diana Ashby Agency Inc – 8089 S Lincoln St – Littleton, CO 80122 – (303) 794-7607
- Country Insurance and Financial – 10475 Park Meadows Dr # 510 – Littleton, CO 80124 – (303) 649-9203
- Steven C Fast Agency – 5151 S Federal Blvd # I6a – Littleton, CO 80123 – (303) 798-1474
- Gary Audi Agency Inc – 5797 S Rapp St – Littleton, CO 80120 – (303) 794-0738
To view a full list of licensed insurance agents in Littleton, simply jump to this page.
Upon receiving good answers to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
But what about buying insurance online?
Insurance agents can be invaluable at times, but Colorado consumers also have the option to buy direct from companies that only sell online. Certain auto insurance companies, such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm, who have local agents in Littleton also permit you to buy a policy online. This is something to consider if finding the best price is important.
If you’re apprehensive about not getting proper coverage when buying online, this is normal but is quickly overcome. Car insurance companies give you access to trained agents to answer any questions you may have. Consumers also can use online help and live chat that you can use before buying.
Do people save by buying online? Whether or not you’ll save is impossible to say due to the large number of individual components that influence how your policy is priced. Some people think that going direct saves the commission normally paid to an agent. For most companies selling online, however, there are high advertising and marketing costs so the rates may be similar to buying from an agent.
A tidy conclusion
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims or unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
Budget-conscious car insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Littleton insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Online resources for education
Additional detailed information can be found at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Colorado consumers can discover disciplinary actions, find out which companies have the most complaints, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.