Selecting a auto insurance company in Farmington Hills, MI can be time consuming since choosing the right Farmington Hills auto insurance agent is more difficult than just making a phone call. You need a professional licensed agent, and also the best possible price.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm increase brand awareness with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Your local neighborhood insurance agent
Agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Farmington Hills who will give you bids for your business. You don’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. How’s that for easy! You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent.
Selecting an insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long has their agency been open in Farmington Hills?
What type of Farmington Hills insurance agency is right for you?
When researching a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Farmington Hills agents can either be independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive agents work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. Captives cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captives are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Farmington Hills captive agents that can give you rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 27650 Farmington Rd # 107 – Farmington Hills, MI 48334 – (248) 553-4420
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 34505 W 12 Mile Rd # 100 – Farmington Hills, MI 48331 – (248) 489-2800
- Farmers Insurance Group – 31393 W 13 Mile Rd # 100 – Farmington Hills, MI 48334 – (248) 851-1562
- Farm Bureau – 24380 Orchard Lake Rd – Farmington Hills, MI 48336 – (248) 471-9054
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.Many can place coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Farmington Hills willing to provide price quotes.
- Agency For Long Term Care Ins – 29171 Leesburg Ct – Farmington Hills, MI 48331 – (248) 489-1430
- Insurance Store LLC – 27650 Farmington Rd – Farmington Hills, MI 48334 – (248) 994-8800
- Goodman Agency Inc – 31420 Northwestern Hwy # L100 – Farmington Hills, MI 48334 – (248) 851-7300
- Income Replacement Agency – 34405 W 12 Mile Rd # 377 – Farmington Hills, MI 48331 – (248) 553-9505
- Mostyn Insurance Group – 31800 Northwestern Hwy # 203 – Farmington Hills, MI 48334 – (248) 855-8700
For a full directory of insurance agents in Farmington Hills, go to this page.
After receiving reasonable responses to your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can properly service your auto insurance policy.
How do online company rates compare?
Local insurance agents serve a purpose, but Michigan drivers can also buy from online companies direct. A few companies like State Farm and Allstate that are more known for using agents, additionally provide the ability to buy direct online, so that should be considered if you prefer not to work with an agent.
If you’re apprehensive about choosing your own coverages when buying car insurance direct, that shouldn’t be an issue. Online insurance companies that require consumers to choose their own coverages all have toll-free customer service for customer questions. Many online companies also provide live help and 24/7 access that you can use if you have questions.
Do people save by buying online? The answer to that question is complicated because there are many factors that are calculated into your premium. Common sense would say that buying direct saves the commission normally paid to an agent. But truthfully, the cost of constant advertising is expensive and that can quickly cost more than paying an agent.
Additional detailed information can be read at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Consumers can find disaster information, discover disciplinary actions, learn about specific coverages, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The following information may also be useful.
- Tested Tricks for Cheaper Farmington Hills Auto Insurance
- 6 Must-Know Techniques When Comparing Farmington Hills, MI Auto Insurance
Keep this in mind
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents in Farmington Hills, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.