To locate a licensed insurance agent in Eagan, you can always do the preliminary legwork online rather than picking up the phone. We’re assuming you not only want a good professional insurance agent, but you also want the best rates possible.
With companies like American Family, Allstate, State Farm and independent agents having offices in Eagan, it’s difficult to determine which car insurance agent will provide you with the best rates, service and coverage. Thankfully, consumers can use insurance quotes online in order to build a list of agencies from which to choose.
Local Eagan car insurance agents
Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Eagan.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will compete for your business. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy!
Compare rates from both independent and captive car insurance agents
When researching an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Eagan agents are categorized either independent or captive. Either one can do a good job, but it’s worth learning the differences since it may influence the type of agent you choose
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Eagan who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- Mary Lynn Fabro Agency – 1895 Plaza Dr # 120 – Eagan, MN 55122 – (651) 456-5337
- Richard Huber Agency – 4151 Knob Dr # 202 – Eagan, MN 55122 – (651) 686-6306
- Kelly Insurancenter Inc – 3470 Washington Dr # 122 – Eagan, MN 55122 – (651) 452-5752
- Dan Rossini Agency – 4151 Knob Dr # 204 – Eagan, MN 55122 – (651) 454-8200
- Robertson Insurance – 2189 Cedar Ridge Cir – Eagan, MN 55122 – (651) 994-4694
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are captive insurance agencies in Eagan willing to provide price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – 3948 Sibley Memorial Hwy – Eagan, MN 55122 – (651) 454-8800
- Farmers Insurance Group – 2189 Cedar Ridge Cir – Eagan, MN 55122 – (651) 686-8005
- Allstate Insurance – 3470 Washington Dr – Eagan, MN 55122 – (651) 688-0970
- Minnesota Farm Bureau – 3080 Eagandale Pl – Eagan, MN 55121 – (651) 905-2100
- State Farm Insurance – 2127 Cliff Rd # C – Eagan, MN 55122 – (651) 454-2374
To view a complete directory of captive agents in Eagan, visit this site.
Picking an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Once you have received satisfactory answers to your questions and a good coverage price, you may have just found an insurance agency that can service your policy.
Are online companies like Geico cheaper?
Insurance agencies are indespensible for some people, but Minnesota consumers also have the option to buy direct online. Even companies who have local Eagan agents additionally provide the ability to buy online, and that is helpful to possibly find a better rate.
If you’re uneasy about not having someone to ask questions, don’t let it bother you. Auto insurance companies provide phone numbers and online resources you can use to get advice on coverages.
The best approach to find out if prices are better online or from an agent is to compare price quotes from both. It’s even possible to receive different pricing from exactly the same company from their agents and their website.
Does car insurance cost less online? Whether or not you’ll save is impossible to say since there are so many components that can increase policy rates. It’s a logical assumption that buying direct saves the commission normally paid to an agent. For most companies selling online, however, there are high advertising and marketing costs and those expenses can offset most of the savings by selling direct.
Additional resources for Minnesota consumers
Much more information about car insurance in Minnesota is available on the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Click here for link. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, learn about specific coverages, find disaster information, and view agent and company licensing information.
The articles below may also help you learn more about car insurance in Eagan
- 8 Tips Guaranteed to Lower Auto Insurance Costs in Eagan Minnesota
- Things You Must Know Before Shopping for Eagan Car Insurance Online
More quotes mean more savings
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.