Comparing car insurance rates in Little Rock can be a lot of work since there are a lot of options and choosing the right Little Rock insurance agent is not as easy as just randomly choosing from the yellow pages. It’s likely you require not only an excellent agent, but also affordable coverage.
With companies like State Farm, Allstate and many independent agents having local Little Rock offices, it’s hard to tell which auto insurance agent will provide you with the best rates, service and coverage. Fortunately, you can use insurance quotes online to build a list of insurance agencies from which to choose.
How to buy car insurance from an agent in Little Rock
Licensed agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local. Supporting small agencies is especially important in Little Rock.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Little Rock who will battle to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. How cool is that?!
Two types of Little Rock insurance agents
When searching for a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agencies in Little Rock are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not work for one specific company but instead can place your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent agents in Little Rock that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Comptrust Agency Of Arkansas – 523 E Capitol Ave – Little Rock, AR 72202 – (501) 375-7979
- Hadfield Agency Inc – 500 Pleasant Valley Dr # D-102 – Little Rock, AR 72227 – (501) 224-3300
- Anderson Agency Inc – 8500 W Markham St – Little Rock, AR 72205 – (501) 312-2800
- Guarantee Insurance – 43 Aberdeen Dr – Little Rock, AR 72223 – (501) 868-7082
- America First Insurance – 7 Bienville Ct – Little Rock, AR 72211 – (501) 217-8782
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. Captives cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often choose to use a captive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Below are captive agents in Little Rock who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – 7801 Cantrell Rd # D – Little Rock, AR 72227 – (501) 227-8989
- Allstate Insurance – 11125 Arcade Dr # C – Little Rock, AR 72212 – (501) 223-9800
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 1014 Autumn Rd # 1 – Little Rock, AR 72211 – (501) 228-0888
- Farmers Insurance Group – 3300 Fair Park Blvd – Little Rock, AR 72204 – (501) 568-5563
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 200 N Bowman Rd – Little Rock, AR 72211 – (501) 228-5003
- State Farm Insurance – 11715 Rainwood Rd # B4 – Little Rock, AR 72212 – (501) 224-0070
For a complete listing of car insurance agents in Little Rock, view this link.
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Upon receiving positive feedback to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can properly service your car insurance policy.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I buy only the required Arkansas minimum liability coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent.
Online car insurance companies
Licensed agents are important to many people, but Arkansas consumers also have the option to buy direct online. Even companies like State Farm and Allstate that sell primarily through agents also let you buy direct on their websites, and that is helpful if finding the best price is important.
If you’re anxious about not having professional advice when buying online, this really isn’t an issue. Companies that allow you to purchase coverage give you access to trained agents for getting questions answered. They also make available 24/7 live help and a car insurance FAQ section to help you make a buying decision.
Do online companies have better rates? It’s difficult to provide an answer since there are so many components that are calculated into your premium. You may think that shopping direct saves the cost of an agent commission. For most online online companies, however, the cost of constant advertising is expensive and that can quickly cost more than paying an agent.
Cost effective car insurance is definitely available both online and with local Little Rock insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More information is located on the Arkansas Insurance Department website located here. Consumers can download brochures, find out industry alerts, and find disaster information.