If you’re trying to find an insurance agent in South Bend, IN, you can always begin your search by comparing prices online rather than picking up the phone. You need a highly trained agent, but also need competitive auto insurance rates.
Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, Geico and Allstate constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see through the deception and find the best price available.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Good agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in South Bend who will battle to get your business. You never need to leave your house since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy!
Picking a car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in South Bend can either be captive or independent. Either one can write coverage properly, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it can impact buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents write business for a single company such as AAA, Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Captives are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often choose to use a captive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in South Bend that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1522 Portage Ave – South Bend, IN 46616 – (574) 287-2100
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 5605 Us 31 S – South Bend, IN 46614 – (574) 291-3840
- American Family Insurance – 410 Lincoln Way W # 101 – South Bend, IN 46601 – (574) 674-5299
- Allstate Insurance – 25631 State Road 2 – South Bend, IN 46619 – (574) 232-2972
- State Farm Insurance – 1431 Portage Ave – South Bend, IN 46616 – (574) 234-1817
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in South Bend willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Hubner Family Agency – 1216 Lincoln Way E – South Bend, IN 46601 – (574) 233-7695
- Peterson Insurance Inc – 2516 Mishawaka Ave – South Bend, IN 46615 – (574) 234-2464
- Trustmark Insurance Co – 100 E Wayne St – South Bend, IN 46601 – (574) 288-2537
- Taylor and Moyer Agency Inc – 300 S Saint Louis Blvd # 200 – South Bend, IN 46617 – (574) 287-2905
- Becky Deacon Agency Inc – 202 N Dixie Way # 200 – South Bend, IN 46637 – (574) 271-1902
To view a complete directory of auto insurance agents in South Bend, view this link.
Once you have received positive feedback for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
You have the option to buy car insurance direct online
Professional insurance agents are a valuable resource, but you can also find affordable Indiana auto insurance direct from companies online. Some companies, such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm, that sell primarily through agents also give you the option to buy a policy online, and that is helpful.
If you’re apprehensive about not getting advice from an agent when buying car insurance direct, this really isn’t an issue. Companies have customer service departments for customer questions. You can also use a frequently asked questions page to make it easier to purchase.
Is online auto insurance cheaper? That is a tough question to answer since there are many things that influence how your policy is priced. It’s logical to say that buying directly from the company saves the commission normally paid to an agent. In reality, marketing their products costs a lot of money so rates may not be all that different from traditional agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Indiana drivers can learn about insurance regulations, find out which companies have the most complaints, find disaster information, and discover disciplinary actions.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in South Bend
- South Bend, IN Auto Insurance Buying Tips You Arent Supposed to Know
- Car Insurance in South Bend, IN 6 Discounts You Might be Losing Out On
- Is Your South Bend, IN Car Insurance Costing Too Much?
Buy online or local, you save
People leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Low-cost auto insurance is possible both online and with local South Bend insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.