Finding good car insurance in Thornton can be challenging since you have many choices and choosing the right Thornton insurance agency is harder than just calling the closest agent. You need a professional licensed agent, and also affordable rates.
With consumers having so many choices, it can be impossible to choose the best provider.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Thornton?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent.
Comparing prices from Thornton agents
Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will compete to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. How cool is that?! Get lower rates AND a local agent.
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
The difference between Thornton insurance agencies
When researching a local agent, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Thornton are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from captives mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are captive agencies in Thornton that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 12041 Pennsylvania St # B – Thornton, CO 80241 – (303) 451-7400
- Farmers Insurance Group – 10370 Colorado Blvd – Thornton, CO 80229 – (303) 452-4974
- American Family Insurance – 9101 Pearl St # 208 – Thornton, CO 80229 – (303) 451-0528
- Farm Bureau Mutual Ins Co – 13895 Glencoe St – Thornton, CO 80602 – (303) 452-5022
- Allstate Insurance – 12000 Washington St # 320 – Thornton, CO 80241 – (303) 451-0999
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, we recommend you include multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Thornton that are able to give price quote information.
- Tony Hosni Agency Inc – 8933 Washington St # 1 – Thornton, CO 80229 – (303) 289-9636
- State Insurance Svc – 8630 Pearl St – Thornton, CO 80229 – (303) 288-2244
- Bob Warner Agency – 8380 Washington St – Thornton, CO 80229 – (303) 288-6602
- W Mark Finger Insurance Inc – 12021 Pennsylvania St # 110 – Thornton, CO 80241 – (303) 280-5200
- Dan Bott Agency – 12000 Washington St – Thornton, CO 80241 – (303) 252-7133
To view a full list of licensed insurance agents in Thornton, visit this site.
Upon getting positive feedback to any questions you have and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
Buying auto insurance direct is an option
Insurance agents are indespensible for some people, but you can also find affordable Colorado auto insurance direct online. Some companies who sell through agents in Thornton also give you the ability to buy direct on their websites, and online price comparisons are easy.
If you’re worried about having to choose coverages yourself when buying direct, that shouldn’t be an issue. Online car insurance companies provide phone numbers and online resources you can use to get advice on coverages. You can also use a frequently asked questions page that you can use before buying.
Is car insurance cheaper online? The answer to that question is complicated because of the number of factors that influence how your policy is priced. Common logic is that a consumer who buys direct saves the commission normally paid to an agent. But the fact is, marketing expenses are significant so this can offset any savings.
More detailed Colorado car insurance information can be found at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out industry alerts, and find disaster information.
Smart consumers save more
When you buy insurance online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-conscious car insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Thornton agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.