When trying to find a good Salina agent, it’s recommended you begin your search on the web to save yourself time. Consumers need a decent agent, and also want to find cheap rates.
Big companies like Allstate and Progressive continually bombard you with catchy ads and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
How to find Salina insurance agents online
Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Salina who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. How’s that for easy! Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
Picking an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Pick the best insurance agent in Salina for you
When looking for an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies in Salina are either independent (non-captive) or captive.
These agents can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captives are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of captive agents in Salina who can help you get comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 1400 S Santa Fe Ave # B – Salina, KS 67401 – (785) 827-0447
- Farmers Insurance Group – 2100 S 9th St – Salina, KS 67401 – (785) 825-8419
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 2740 Belmont Blvd – Salina, KS 67401 – (785) 825-7730
- Allstate Insurance – 1825 S 9th St – Salina, KS 67401 – (785) 452-9191
- State Farm Insurance – 1023 Greeley Ave – Salina, KS 67401 – (785) 825-0555
- Shelter Insurance – 216 W Crawford St – Salina, KS 67401 – (785) 825-6227
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, you should always contact several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.Most can insure with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Salina that are able to give rate quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 328 N Ohio St – Salina, KS 67401 – (785) 827-7231
- Novak Insurance – 2420 Edgehill Rd – Salina, KS 67401 – (785) 827-2524
- Laurie Debold Agency Inc – 1931 S Ohio St – Salina, KS 67401 – (785) 823-3797
- J-K Agency – 1307 E Iron Ave – Salina, KS 67401 – (785) 827-3400
- Tim Newell Agency Inc – 645 E Crawford St # E3 – Salina, KS 67401 – (785) 823-3814
To view a full list of Salina insurance agents, visit this site.
After getting good answers to these questions and a good coverage price, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can adequately provide car insurance.
Can I save by buying online?
Insurance agents are perfect for certain consumers, but Kansas car insurance can also be bought direct from companies online. Some companies like State Farm and Allstate who sell through agents in Salina also allow you to buy online. This is something to consider.
If you’re anxious about whether or not you’ll have guidance when shopping online, that is quite common when buying online the first time. Insurance companies that allow you to purchase coverage provide access to licensed agents you can use to get advice on coverages. Most companies also provide extensive coverage information and 24/7 assistance so you can feel comfortable buying online.
Will buying online save you money? Whether or not you’ll save is impossible to say since companies use quite a few components that determine the price you pay. It’s often assumed that shopping direct cuts out the agent as a middleman. For the majority of companies, however, there are very high advertising costs and that can cost more than having to pay agents.
One last thing about your coverage
Low-cost car insurance is available online and with local Salina insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be pretty painless.
Additional detailed information is available at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, find a variety of consumer forms, and download brochures.
The following information may also be useful.