Comparing auto insurance companies in Fort Myers, Florida can be challenging because there are a lot of options and choosing the right Fort Myers car insurance agent takes more work than just making a phone call. There is a good chance you not only want a professional licensed agent, but you also need affordable coverage.
With American Family, Allstate, State Farm and independent agents all competing for business in Fort Myers, it’s difficult to determine which auto insurance agent will give you the lowest rates and best service. Fortunately, consumers can use online quotes to get a list of insurance agents from which to choose.
Why do I need an agent?
Educated insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Fort Myers.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. How cool is that?! You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
Fort Myers auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When researching a reliable agent, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agencies in Fort Myers are either captive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, we recommend you include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Fort Myers independent agents that can give you price quote information.
- Coppin Agency – 15271 Mcgregor Blvd # 3 – Fort Myers, FL 33908 – (239) 489-2442
- Great Florida Insurance – 4901 Palm Beach Blvd # 102 – Fort Myers, FL 33905 – (239) 694-2886
- Glenn Black District Agency – 8191 College Pkwy # 206 – Fort Myers, FL 33919 – (239) 985-2810
- Jerry B Fink and Assoc Insurance – 8191 College Pkwy – Fort Myers, FL 33919 – (239) 481-2271
- Direct General Ins Agency – 18911 S Tamiami Trl – Fort Myers, FL 33908 – (239) 267-1064
Captive agencies work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captives are well schooled in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Fort Myers captive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Liberty Mutual – 2070 Mcgregor Blvd # 1 – Fort Myers, FL 33901 – (239) 479-5161
- Allstate Insurance – 15880 Summerlin Rd # 306 – Fort Myers, FL 33908 – (239) 433-3383
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 14180 Metropolis Ave # 1 – Fort Myers, FL 33912 – (239) 561-5100
- State Farm Insurance – 8801 College Pkwy # 5 – Fort Myers, FL 33919 – (239) 481-5531
For a full directory of captive insurance agencies in Fort Myers, please go to this site.
Choosing an insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Once you have good answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
Online companies can help you save
Professional insurance agents are indespensible for some people, but Florida car insurance can also be bought from companies direct over the internet. Some companies who employ agents also allow you to get quotes and purchase online. This is something to consider if finding the best price is important.
If you’re worried about not having an insurance agent’s advice when shopping online, don’t be too concerned. All companies that require consumers to choose their own coverages all have toll-free customer service for getting questions answered.
Will you save money buying auto insurance online? It’s difficult to say for sure because of the number of factors that impact your premium. It’s logical to say that purchasing direct online saves money because there is no agent involvement. In reality, marketing expenses are significant and this drives up their premium costs.
Best coverage at the best price
Affordable auto insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Fort Myers, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Additional auto insurance links
Additional information is available on the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website located here. Consumers can read industry bulletins, report car insurance fraud, and view agent and company licensing information.