Finding good car insurance in Centennial can be challenging since there are a lot of options and choosing the right Centennial insurance agent is harder than just driving to the closest agent’s office. The chances are good you not only want a decent agent, but you also want to find great rates as well.
With companies like American Family, Allstate, State Farm and Farmers having offices in Centennial, it can be hard to know which auto insurance agent will have the cheapest rates and the best coverage. Thankfully, consumers can use online quoting in order to build a list of agencies from which to choose.
Car Insurance from Centennial insurance agents
Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is important particularly in Centennial.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will compete for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! Get lower rates and work with a local agent.
What type of Centennial insurance agent is right for you?
When looking for an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Centennial who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Krouse Agency – 7375 E Peakview Ave – Centennial, CO 80111 – (303) 740-9888
- Mike Mattingly Agency – 6746 S Revere Pkwy – Centennial, CO 80112 – (303) 790-0199
- Ken Philbrick Agency Inc – 6905 S Broadway – Centennial, CO 80122 – (303) 948-9879
- Peggy Leppek Insurance-Benefit – 6851 S Holly Cir # 135 – Centennial, CO 80112 – (303) 489-9225
- Summit Insurance Professionals – 6940 S Holly Cir # 108 – Centennial, CO 80112 – (303) 721-7451
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of captive agencies in Centennial who can help you get rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 12201 E Arapahoe Rd – Centennial, CO 80112 – (303) 257-1281
- Colorado Farm Bureau Mutual – 9177 E Mineral Cir – Centennial, CO 80112 – (303) 749-7500
- State Farm Insurance – 5730 E Otero Ave # 100 – Centennial, CO 80112 – (303) 220-9911
- Allstate Insurance – 6851 S Holly Cir # 130 – Centennial, CO 80112 – (720) 200-4723
- Shelter Insurance – 2275 E Arapahoe Rd # 103 – Centennial, CO 80122 – (303) 795-5839
- Farmers Insurance Group – 7600 E Arapahoe Rd – Centennial, CO 80112 – (303) 796-0123
To view a complete directory of Centennial captive agencies, visit this site.
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
What if I want to buy from an online company?
Local insurance agents are indespensible for some people, but you can also find affordable Colorado auto insurance from online companies direct. A few companies who sell through the agent channel also give you the option to buy direct on their websites, so keep that in mind.
If you’re uncomfortable with not getting advice from an agent when buying online, don’t be too concerned. Online insurance companies that require consumers to choose their own coverages provide customer service for getting questions answered. They also offer anytime access to help and a customer research section that can help answer basic questions.
If you just want to find lower premiums, the most effective way to determine if the best rates are online or from local agents is to get free quotes from both and compare them. Even though it sounds odd, people frequently get different pricing when using both online and agent quotes from the same company. But you can’t find out which is cheaper unless free rate quotes are compared utilizing both methods.
Is it cheaper to buy online? That is a tough question to answer since there may be dozens of rate factors that impact your final bill. You may think that buying direct saves the cost of an agent commission. In reality, marketing their products costs a lot of money and that can quickly cost more than paying an agent.
Better coverage you can count on
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver and even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When you buy insurance online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional car insurance information can be found on the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website located here. Consumers can find out industry alerts, find disaster information, and report car insurance fraud.