When finding a good Jacksonville agent, you can always start your search by comparing prices online to save time. You need a good agent, but also the cheapest rates you can possibly find.
Numerous auto insurance agents battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance agent and get the definite lowest rate
Quote online, buy local
Educated insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you peace of mind. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is emailed to companies in Jacksonville who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to your email. How’s that for easy!
Picking an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How long has their agency been in business in Jacksonville?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Choose the right insurance agency
If you’re trying to find local Jacksonville agents, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Agencies in Jacksonville can either be independent (non-captive) or captive. While both can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it may influence your agent selection.
Captive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. They are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of captive agents in Jacksonville who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1700 San Pablo Rd S – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 221-1594
- State Farm Insurance – 4540 Southside Blvd # 1102 – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (904) 642-6283
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 12276 San Jose Blvd # 422 – Jacksonville, FL 32223 – (904) 268-0503
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 2471 State Rd 16 W – Jacksonville, FL 32234 – (904) 264-1157
- Allstate Insurance – 4561 San Juan Ave – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 384-9777
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include at least one independent agent for the best price selection.Most can insure with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Jacksonville independent agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Varsity Insurance – 12412 San Jose Blvd # 201 – Jacksonville, FL 32223 – (904) 268-6365
- Sam Maxwell Agency – 1249 Cassat Ave – Jacksonville, FL 32205 – (904) 384-5535
- Federated Insurance – 9951 Atlantic Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32225 – (904) 726-0124
- Grant Agency – 11514 Delegate Ct – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 645-0108
- A Abbott Agency – 530 Park St – Jacksonville, FL 32204 – (904) 356-1492
For a full directory of insurance agents in Jacksonville, please click here.
After getting reasonable responses to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that will service your policy.
Online car insurance companies
Car insurance agents are perfect for certain consumers, but you also have the option of buying direct from companies that only sell online. Certain companies, such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm, that are more known for using agents, also give you the option to buy a policy online. This is something to consider to possibly find a better rate.
If you’re concerned about not having professional advice when buying car insurance direct, this is normal but is quickly overcome. Companies have toll-free phone numbers and other options for customer questions.
Is it cheaper to buy online? Many people think so, but it’s hard to say for sure because there are so many things that determine the price you pay. It would make sense to think that shopping online for auto insurance saves the cost of an agent commission. For most online online companies, however, marketing expenses are significant and that can quickly cost more than paying an agent.
Additional resources for Florida consumers
Even more information can be found at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Consumers can discover disciplinary actions, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find a variety of consumer forms.
The following information may also be useful.
Compare but don’t skimp
Low-cost car insurance is available from both online companies and with local Jacksonville insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation and even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.