Finding good car insurance in Joliet can be challenging since you have many choices and selecting the best Joliet auto insurance agent for your needs is more difficult than just picking up the phone. You need a professional agent, but also need cheap rates.
With consumers having so many companies and agents to choose from, it’s difficult to locate the cheapest car insurance company.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Joliet who will compete to get your business. You don’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Two types of insurance agencies
When searching for a reliable agent, there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Joliet are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it may influence the selection process.
This type of agents have only one company to place business with like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of captive insurance agents in Joliet who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Co – 221 Springfield Ave – Joliet, IL 60435 – (815) 730-1500
- American Family Insurance – 1300 N Raynor Ave – Joliet, IL 60435 – (815) 727-9095
- State Farm Insurance – 600 Theodore St # 3 – Joliet, IL 60435 – (815) 727-9512
- Farmers Insurance Group – 100 S Larkin Ave – Joliet, IL 60436 – (815) 741-3300
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you should always include price quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Below are independent insurance agents in Joliet who can help you get price quote information.
- John Bene’ Agency – 1400 Black Rd – Joliet, IL 60435 – (815) 725-3967
- Alpine Agency Inc – 819 Plainfield Rd – Joliet, IL 60435 – (815) 722-1370
- Millers First Insurance – 1214 Essington Rd – Joliet, IL 60435 – (815) 744-7001
- Country Insurance and Financial – 3033 W Jefferson St – Joliet, IL 60435 – (815) 744-2241
- Chizmark and Larson Agency – 615 Kungs Way – Joliet, IL 60435 – (815) 725-6527
For a full directory of car insurance agents in Joliet, go to this page.
Upon receiving positive feedback in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide car insurance.
What if I want to shop online?
Local insurance agents can be invaluable at times, but you also have the option of buying direct over the internet. Certain companies who employ agents also give you the ability to get a quote and buy online, and consumers should do that and can also potentially find you lower rates.
If you’re apprehensive about whether or not you’ll have guidance, don’t let it bother you. Online insurance companies provide options for getting advice on proper coverages. You may also access online education and live help anytime to help you make a buying decision.
Is it cheaper to buy online? It’s hard to say exactly since there are so many components that impact your final bill. You may think that a customer who purchases direcly from an online company saves the cost of an agent commission. For most online online companies, however, online and traditional media advertising are expensive so there may not be significant savings.
More detailed Illinois car insurance information can be found at the Illinois Department of Insurance website. Illinois drivers can get help finding coverage, download brochures, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Quote often and quote early
Cheap car insurance is attainable on the web and with local Joliet insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.