If you’re trying to find a good insurance agent in Edmond, Oklahoma, it’s recommended you start your search by comparing prices online in order to save time. For the sake of this article, we’ll assume that not only do you want a professional agent, but you also want to find affordable coverage.
With insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, Farmers and independent agents having local Edmond offices, it’s hard to tell which will have the best service and rates. Thankfully, you can use online quoting in order to build a list of insurance agencies to choose from.
Edmond agents for auto insurance
Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local businesses is especially important in Edmond.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. How cool is that?!
The type of insurance agency you choose is important
When researching a local agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Edmond are classified as either captive or independent (non-captive). Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can influence the type of agent you choose
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, you should always get quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many write coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Shown below are Edmond independent agents that can give you pricing information.
- Luecke Agency – 301 S Bryant Ave # A402 – Edmond, OK 73034 – (405) 341-5338
- Goodson Agency – 3324 French Park Dr # B – Edmond, OK 73034 – (405) 330-5060
- Mosley Agency Inc – 2300 S Broadway # 103 – Edmond, OK 73013 – (405) 341-7171
- Rodney Holt Insurance – 500 W 15th St – Edmond, OK 73013 – (405) 340-3492
- Streller Insurance and Financial – 1708 S Kelly Ave – Edmond, OK 73013 – (405) 348-3777
This type of agents work for only one company like AAA, Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of captive insurance agents in Edmond that are able to give price quotes.
- Oklahoma Farm Bureau Edmond – 2329 W 15th St – Edmond, OK 73013 – (405) 340-5087
- State Farm Insurance – 213 S Broadway – Edmond, OK 73034 – (405) 341-0551
- Shelter Insurance – 25 NW 144th Cir # C – Edmond, OK 73013 – (405) 748-3372
- Allstate Insurance – 17915 N Portland Ave – Edmond, OK 73003 – (405) 359-7646
- Farmers Insurance Group – 501 E 15th St # 400a – Edmond, OK 73013 – (405) 844-2285
For a complete listing of auto insurance agents in Edmond, view this link.
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Oklahoma?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Upon getting reasonable responses to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Keep your options open
Insurance agents can be invaluable at times, but you can also buy Oklahoma car insurance from companies direct over the internet. Even companies like State Farm and Allstate who sell through the agent channel additionally provide the ability to get quotes and purchase online, and that is helpful as an alternative to contacting agents.
If you’re anxious about not getting proper coverage when buying car insurance direct, this really isn’t an issue. Online insurance companies provide options for getting the best coverage. Most companies also provide help pages and frequently asked questions that you can use before buying.
Will buying online save you money? That is a tough question to answer because there are so many things that determine the price you pay. Some people will tell you that buying online reduces premiums because there is no agent. For most online online companies, however, getting their brand in front of customers is expensive so the lack of a commission may be a wash.
Additional information is located on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website located here. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, view a list of available companies, and download brochures.
More related Edmond auto insurance information:
- Edmond Auto Insurance Buying Tips You Arent Supposed to Know
- Follow These Insider Techniques for Lower Edmond Oklahoma Auto Insurance
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cheap auto insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local Edmond insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.