When searching for an insurance agent in Glendale, AZ, you can do an initial search by comparing rates online instead of making phone calls. Consumers require a professional agent, but also need affordable rates.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm promote their brand names with catchy ads and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
Online quotes with a local Glendale insurance agent
Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. How cool is that?! Get lower rates and work with a local agent.
Picking an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Types of insurance agents
When finding a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents are categorized either captive or independent.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from captives primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are captive insurance agents in Glendale that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 20280 N 59th Ave # 116 – Glendale, AZ 85308 – (623) 561-8400
- Farmers Insurance Group – 4112 W Camino Vivaz – Glendale, AZ 85310 – (623) 780-7565
- American Family Insurance – 4718 W Olive Ave – Glendale, AZ 85302 – (623) 486-9062
- Allstate Insurance – 6120 W Bell Rd # 175 – Glendale, AZ 85308 – (602) 993-1072
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 17235 N 75th Ave # C100 – Glendale, AZ 85308 – (623) 487-3510
These agents are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, you should always include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.Many can place coverage with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Glendale that can give you rate quotes.
- Kelli Fortier Agency – 5036 W Cactus Rd – Glendale, AZ 85304 – (602) 993-4137
- Jeanie Zaporowski Agency – 6685 W Beardsley Rd # 275 – Glendale, AZ 85308 – (623) 979-7701
- Jay Robert Jenkins Insurance – 6070 W Bell Rd # A114 – Glendale, AZ 85308 – (602) 843-3677
- Chris Simmons Agency Inc – 5036 W Cactus Rd # 8 – Glendale, AZ 85304 – (602) 547-1900
- Landis Insurance – 15224 N 59th Ave # 11 – Glendale, AZ 85306 – (602) 564-1000
For a complete listing of car insurance agents in Glendale, visit this link.
Upon getting acceptable answers and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Arizona?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Should I buy only the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent.
The online alternatives
Insurance agents are indespensible for some people, but Arizona consumers also have the option to buy direct from companies that only sell online. Some specific companies like State Farm and Allstate who employ agents additionally provide the ability to get quotes and purchase online, and that is helpful.
If you’re anxious about not having an insurance agent’s advice when buying online, don’t be too concerned. Companies provide access to licensed agents to walk you through the process.
Do customers save by switching to an online company? It’s difficult to provide an answer due to the large number of individual components that impact your premium. It’s often assumed that a shopper who purchases direct saves the cost of an agent commission. But that assumption is generally incorrect because it’s expensive to advertise so there may not be significant savings.
One last thing about your coverage
Budget-conscious car insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Glendale, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information is located at the Arizona Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, read consumer alerts, and discover disciplinary actions.
Also read more on this resource for Arizona car insurance prices and this resource to find Glendale, AZ insurance agents.