If you’re trying to find a licensed insurance agent in Lincoln, it’s recommended you do an initial search by comparing rates online to save time. You require a good professional insurance agent, but also need cheaper car insurance prices.
Companies like State Farm, Geico and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Why do I need an agent?
Professional agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to participating agents in Lincoln who will battle for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy!
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Compare rates from both independent and captive insurance agencies
If you’re trying to find local Lincoln agents, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are categorized either captive or independent. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the differences because it can impact your agent selection.
Captive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from captives partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Lincoln captive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Co – 4221 O St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 488-0955
- State Farm Insurance – 2021 Pine Lake Rd # 900 – Lincoln, NE 68512 – (402) 420-2060
- Shelter Insurance – 5801 S 58th St # Aa – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 420-1993
- Farmers Insurance Group – 2005 Highway 2 # 6 – Lincoln, NE 68502 – (402) 423-2980
- American Family Insurance – 847 S 48th St # 1 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-7799
- Farm Bureau Financial Svc – 3633 O St # 4 – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 421-6262
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.Most can insure with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Lincoln that can give you rate quotes.
- Jeff Johnson Agency Inc – 6040 Village Dr # 200 – Lincoln, NE 68516 – (402) 423-8423
- Jim Cox Agency Inc – 5730 R St # C2 – Lincoln, NE 68505 – (402) 466-1500
- Tim Stewart Agency Inc – 5615 O St – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-6211
- Federated Insurance Co – 105 Wedgewood Dr – Lincoln, NE 68510 – (402) 489-6489
- Associated Insurance Managers – 5101 Central Park Dr # 110 – Lincoln, NE 68504 – (402) 489-6300
To view a complete directory of Lincoln insurance agents, visit this site.
Once you have received positive responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an insurance agent that can adequately provide car insurance.
What if I want to buy from an online company?
Insurance agents can be invaluable at times, but Nebraska car insurance can also be bought direct online. Certain companies like State Farm and Allstate who have local agents in Lincoln additionally provide the ability to buy a policy online, and that is helpful.
If you’re worried about not receiving proper advice, this is normal but is quickly overcome. Companies that allow you to purchase coverage have toll-free phone numbers and other options you can use to get advice on coverages.
Are car insurance rates lower online? The answer to that question is complicated due to the large number of individual components that can increase policy rates. Some people think that a customer who purchases direcly from an online company saves money by not requiring a commission. For most companies selling online, however, marketing their products costs a lot of money and this drives up their premium costs.
Lower-priced car insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Lincoln, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
More resources for learning
Even more information is located at the Nebraska Department of Insurance website. Nebraska drivers can read state legal mandates and laws, learn about insurance regulations, report car insurance fraud, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.