Finding good auto insurance in Cheyenne can be challenging since finding the best Wyoming car insurance agent is more difficult than just calling the closest agent. You need a friendly agent, and also want to find affordable rates.
Drivers have multiple car insurance agents to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare rates.
Quote online, buy local
Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will battle to get your business. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to your email. Now that’s easy!
Deciding on an insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Types of car insurance agents in Cheyenne
If you’re trying to find a local agent, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Cheyenne can either be captive or independent. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Captive agents write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are captive insurance agencies in Cheyenne that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 1022 E Pershing Blvd – Cheyenne, WY 82001 – (307) 778-7770
- Allstate Insurance – 1418 Campbell Ave – Cheyenne, WY 82001 – (307) 635-6266
- Farmers Insurance Group – 3553 Ridge Rd – Cheyenne, WY 82001 – (307) 634-0843
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 6248 Yellowstone Rd – Cheyenne, WY 82009 – (307) 632-9008
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.Most can insure with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Cheyenne independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Woolington Agency – 2823 Central Ave – Cheyenne, WY 82001 – (307) 635-3108
- Ed Palluck Agency – 604 W 16th St – Cheyenne, WY 82001 – (307) 635-2208
- Capco Insurance – 3806 Dell Range Blvd # B7 – Cheyenne, WY 82009 – (307) 632-0800
- Marion Agency – 1017 E Lincolnway – Cheyenne, WY 82001 – (307) 632-5791
- Prudential Insurance Co – 222 E 18th St – Cheyenne, WY 82001 – (307) 635-2744
To view a complete directory of Cheyenne insurance agents, go to this page.
After getting good answers to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Do online insurance companies save me money?
Professional insurance agents are indespensible for some people, but you can also buy Wyoming car insurance from companies direct over the internet. A few companies who employ agents also give you the ability to buy online, and that is helpful to possibly find a better rate.
If you’re apprehensive about not receiving proper advice when buying direct, this is a normal reaction for first-time shoppers. Car insurance companies that require consumers to choose their own coverages give you access to trained agents to answer any questions you may have.
If you have the time, the only way to find out if the cheapest policy comes from an agent or online is to make apples-to-apples comparisons of both. You could possible even receive different price quotes from the same car insurance company when they use both methods.
Is it cheaper to buy car insurance online? The answer is complex because there are so many things that influence your rates. It’s logical to say that a shopper who purchases direct reduces premiums because there is no agent. For the majority of companies, however, marketing expenses are significant so the rates may be similar to buying from an agent.
More detailed Wyoming auto insurance information is located at the Wyoming Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, view a list of available companies, and download brochures.
More related Cheyenne auto insurance information:
- Learn How to Shop For Cheyenne Wyoming Auto Insurance Like an Expert
- Lower Cheyenne Wyoming Auto Insurance Rates in Five Minutes
A little work can save a LOT of money
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.