When shopping for car insurance, there are a lot of options and finding the best Arizona auto insurance agent takes more work than just calling the closest agent. You need a good agent that listens to you, but also cheap rates.
Many car insurance agents compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance agent to find the absolute cheapest price
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- When should I not file a claim?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent.
Buying car insurance from a local Surprise agent
Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Surprise who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Choosing an insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long has their agency been open in Surprise?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When looking for a local agent, there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Surprise can either be captive or independent. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Captives receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often purchase coverage from captives primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below are captive insurance agents in Surprise that can give you rate quotes.
- American Family – 15282 W Brookside Ln # 110 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 772-7784
- Allstate Insurance Co – 13732 W Bell Rd # 4 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 584-1735
- State Farm Insurance – 13754 W Bell Rd # 4 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 974-2600
- Farmers Insurance Group – 14985 W Bell Rd – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 486-2322
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Shown below are Surprise independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Ray Grim Agency Inc – 12213 W Bell Rd # 210 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 876-1793
- LA Chance Chambless Agency – 14245 W Grand Ave # 3 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 583-0020
- Bill Johnson Insurance Inc – 12689 W Bell Rd – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 583-8836
- Juilfs Insurance and Financial – 13980 W Bell Rd # 20 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 889-0502
- A Moreland Agency – 16846 W Bell Rd # 111 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 214-8303
For a complete listing of car insurance agents in Surprise, click here to link.
Upon receiving good answers and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that can provide car insurance coverage.
Do online companies like Esurance, GEICO and Progressive give better rates?
Car insurance agents serve a purpose, but Arizona drivers can also buy directly from online companies. Some car insurance companies who sell through the agent channel also permit you to buy online, and online price comparisons are easy if you prefer to buy online.
If you’re apprehensive about not having an agent to talk to when buying direct, that should not be a issue. Online insurance companies provide options for customer questions. They also make available extensive coverage information and 24/7 assistance so buying online is not difficult.
If you’re trying to save the most money, the best approach to discovering whether prices are lower online or from agents is to set aside time to compare rates from both. It’s even possible to receive different pricing from the same insurance company when they use both methods.
Do online companies provide lower prices? It’s hard to say exactly since companies use quite a few components that determine the price you pay. You may think that buying direct saves the cost of an agent commission. But that assumption is generally incorrect because advertising budgets are huge and this drives up their premium costs.
More Arizona car insurance information
Even more information can be read at the Arizona Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to discover disciplinary actions, read consumer alerts, and view agent and company licensing information.
Better coverage you can count on
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.