When searching for a licensed insurance agent in Paterson, it’s recommended you do an initial search by comparing rates online instead of calling around. It’s likely that not only do you want a professional licensed agent, but you also need the best rates possible.
With companies like American Family, Allstate, State Farm and Farmers having local Paterson offices, consumers have a hard time knowing which one will give you the lowest rates and best service. Thankfully, consumers can get online quotes to build a list of insurance agencies and price estimates.
Your local neighborhood insurance agent
Agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Paterson.
By using this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Paterson who will battle for your business. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Shown below is a short list of car insurance agents in Paterson that can give you price quotes.
- Carmen’s Insurance & Travel – 420 Main St, Paterson, NJ 07501 – (973) 279-0270
- Car Insurance Ctr – 316 Grand St, Paterson, NJ 07505 – (973) 279-4455
- Premier Agency Inc – 297 Park Ave, Paterson, NJ 07513 – (973) 279-7363
To view a complete directory of car insurance agents in Paterson, visit this site.
Deciding on a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How are claims handled?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
After receiving reasonable responses to these questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
Is my situation unique?
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is New Jersey a no-fault state?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent.
Online companies can help you save
Insurance agents are indespensible for some people, but you can also find affordable New Jersey auto insurance direct from companies that only sell online. A few companies like Allstate and State Farm that are more known for using agents, also give you the ability to buy direct online, and that can save time to possibly find a better rate.
If you’re apprehensive about not having someone to ask questions, this is normal but is quickly overcome. Auto insurance companies that require consumers to choose their own coverages have toll-free phone numbers and other options for getting the best coverage. In addition, they usually offer 24/7 live help and a car insurance FAQ section that can help answer basic questions.
Do online companies provide lower prices? A lot of shoppers won’t buy anywhere else, but it’s impossible to say because of the fact that insurance companies use many factors which can raise or lower premium rates. It’s a logical assumption that shopping direct saves money because there is no commission. But the reality is the cost of constant advertising is expensive and that impacts the rates consumers pay.
A tidy conclusion
The cheapest car insurance can be sourced both online and with local Paterson insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Learn more about New Jersey car insurance
More information can be read on the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance website located here. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, read industry bulletins, report car insurance fraud, and find a variety of consumer forms.