Comparing car insurance companies in Kalamazoo, MI can be challenging because choosing the right Kalamazoo insurance agent is not as easy as just making a phone call. You need a professional licensed agent, but also the best car insurance prices in Kalamazoo.
Numerous insurance agents battle for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a auto insurance agent to get the lowest price
Comparing rates from local agents
Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Kalamazoo who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. How cool is that?! It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent.
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Independent or Captive: It’s your choice
When finding local Kalamazoo agents, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Kalamazoo agents are either independent or captive.
Captive agencies can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from captive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Kalamazoo captive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 45 W Main – Kalamazoo, MI 49009 – (269) 372-4540
- Farmers Insurance Group – 5945 W Main St # 104 – Kalamazoo, MI 49009 – (269) 353-8811
- Allstate Insurance – 221 S Drake Rd – Kalamazoo, MI 49009 – (269) 373-1821
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 4225 W Main St # F – Kalamazoo, MI 49006 – (269) 381-2311
- State Farm Insurance – 4225 W Main St – Kalamazoo, MI 49006 – (269) 381-2798
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Kalamazoo independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Curtis L Muller Agency – 350 S Burdick St – Kalamazoo, MI 49007 – (269) 381-6100
- Hastings Mutual Insurance – 3779 Wolf Dr – Kalamazoo, MI 49009 – (269) 375-1013
- Peacock Agency – 513 Howard St – Kalamazoo, MI 49008 – (269) 567-9876
- Minor Field Insurance – 5865 Venture Park Dr – Kalamazoo, MI 49009 – (269) 372-7171
- Nulty Agency Inc – 5579 Stadium Dr – Kalamazoo, MI 49009 – (269) 372-9200
To view a complete directory of Kalamazoo insurance agents, please go to this site.
Once you have received satisfactory answers to these questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
Online companies should be in the mix
Local insurance agents are important to many people, but Michigan drivers can also buy from online companies direct. A few companies who have local agents in Kalamazoo also let you get quotes and purchase online, and consumers should do that if the lowest rate is your goal.
If you’re uneasy about not having someone to ask questions when buying car insurance direct, don’t sweat it. Insurance companies that allow you to purchase coverage provide access to licensed agents for getting the best coverage. Many online companies also provide help pages and frequently asked questions that can help answer basic questions.
Do online companies have better rates? That is a tough question to answer because there are many factors that are calculated into your premium. Common logic is that shopping online for auto insurance saves money because there is no commission. For most online online companies, however, marketing expenses are significant so the rates may be similar to buying from an agent.
Cheap car insurance is definitely available online and with local Kalamazoo insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Consumers can find out industry alerts, find a variety of consumer forms, and discover disciplinary actions.
The following information may also be useful.